Chapter: 1 Finding Redbeard

Lightening spidered through blanketed grey skies, crackling, and mumbling a with threatening ferocity.

Howling against windows, and walls, turning over dampened buddles of straw, and anything at its approach.

Then suddenly another strike of lightening erupted across the jittery skies, and rain began to shower down copiously.

Pattering against a young boy's dingy-yellow rain hood, as he ambled along the roadside, muttering angrily to himself, and sniffling.

His head hung low, and his raven-black curls quivered silently in the whistling wind of the evening.

His bright grey cat-like eyes glistened in the rays of light that seeped through the cracks, and crevices of the cloudy sky.

And his flawless almond shapped lips forrowed, and immediately his dim eyes widened; almost as if the young boy had heard something-

Faint whimpering behind him. The young boy finally stopped. That sounded like a dog, the curly headed boy thought.

He dried his eyes with his wet yellow coat sleeve, seemingly because he had been crying, and that's when he saw a little puppy.

A red, furry, little, Irish setter, wandering aimlessly along the road. Until it's sapphire-blue eyes spotted the curly headed boy.

The boy studied the young pup with glaxay-blue colored orbs. His cataclysmic-colored eyes flickering across every inch of the little puppy's body.

The boy knew what type of breed the little puppy was, and why it was whimpering.

Elementary~

The poor dog was injured. It was hit some time earlier that day.

The young boy could tell. He didn't have to be a veterinarian to know this. He simply just observed; something he was particularly good at.

The slim boy stooped down reaching out for the small, little puppy, cooing, and calling to It softly.

The curly headed boy wanted to help the poor puppy- take him back to his home, and nurse him back to health.

The young boy didn't have friends, and, from what he could see, the small little puppy didn't either.

So the young boy figured: he'd be the puppy's new friend. If it let him. "Come on. I won't hurt you. Promise."

It whined helplessly, limping towards the glaxay-eyed boy that stooped near, still, reaching out for it.

The puppy hesitated as it drew closer, lifting it's broken back leg above the wet street as the rain continued to dart down from the thundering skies above them.

Seemingly the storm was growing worse. So the boy would definitely have to be quick in order to get the puppy home before it got sick.

The scrawny boy removed his yellow rain coat, exposing his frail, slender body to the merciless rain; he'd rather get wet than let the little puppy catch a cold.

"There we go. I've got you. Shhh..." the boy spoke, and smiled tenderly, scooping up the red, little puppy in his small scrawny arms, and carefully wrapping it up in his rain coat.

The puppy whined loudly, and thrashed slightly as it was lifted, but quickly settled down once it was cradled in the young boy's arms, and wrapped up nicely.

Instantly, the young boy fell in love with the puppy. The way it wriggled innocently in his arms. The way it nuzzled it's nose into his chest. The way it squeaked when it sneezed. Good Gosh.

He couldn't help it. The puppy was just too adorable.

"You got a name, little guy?" The young man asked the anxious puppy, rubbing his porcelain-white fingers through it's dampened fur, "hmm?"

The little puppy squeaked cutely, lifting it's snoot to the curly haired boy's face, and quickly licking it, twice; perhaps to show it's appreciation, or simply just to be friendly.

Whichever the case, it seemed to like the young boy. And that was something that rarely ever happened. No one ever liked the boy. But now he had something to look forward to.

Young Sherlock started down the road again, carefully shifting the little, red puppy in his arms, making sure not to hurt it. "I bet you've got questions?"

Sherlock would make sure the puppy had a good home. He had never taken a liken to anyone that quickly before, but this one, he couldn't help but fall in love with.

Those beautiful, indigo-blue colored eyes, peeking up at him, as he carried him along the road, home.

Never had the young boy seen such  compound colored eyes before. They were absolutely unforgettable.

"I hope you like science?" mutters young Sherlock, gradually fading into the distance, as he hurried on home.

[C]____________________________________
"Home, mother!" Sherlock cried, bursting through the cottage door, and into the warming sitting room. His mother smiled from the kitchen, but didn't question him about the little friend he brought with him.

She was use to her son coming home late, with strange bugs, and animals. So she simply carried on with what she was doing; dinner had to be ready before nine.

"Get washed up. Dinner will be ready at nine." She instructed him, dicing up some onions, before dumping them into a boiling pot of stew. "And whatever you got in that rain coat, don't let it loose in here." His mother made clear, pointing a wooden spoon in his direction, "or else I'll put it out. Am I clear, William?"

Sherlock muttered, "yes, mother."

His mother nodded, "good", and then return to preparing dinner. The stew smelled rather flavorful; spices, herbs, vegetables, and freshly carved beef. Sherlock knew his new friend would love it. He'd make sure to sneak it a plate, or two. Maybe even give it his, cause the young boy barely ate much anyway.

Sherlock hurried up to his room, and shut his door. The puppy had already began to chew through his raincoat. Sherlock chuckled. "Now you owe me a raincoat."

The puppy whimpered, almost as If he understood what the young boy had said. Young Sherlock couldn't deny it was something precious.

"Aw, shh, shh... No. I'm sorry." Sherlock unwrapped the small little puppy, and set it on the floor to get a closer look at it's injury. "You don't have to pay for the raincoat, but do you have to let me take a look at that leg."

The puppy whined protestingly as young Sherlock carefully lifted it's injured leg. It wasn't that bad. However, it would need a few stitches, and slight bone correction to assure it healed properly.

"Now, this is going to hurt a little." Sherlock warned the whinny red puppy calmly, placing both his hands around it's tiny little leg, and firmly, yet carefully manipulating the broken bone til he heard a snap.
The dog yelped murderously, and squirmed around on the floor. Young Sherlock was quick to catch it between both his hands, and lift it up into his comforting embrace.

"Shhh...it's okay. It's okay. It's over now." He soothed the whimpering little puppy, bouncing it gently in his arms, as he paced the floor. "Everything is going to be fine."