Chapter 4

"Hinata.  Kageyama."

The cold ominous voice made the two slightly freeze up.  It was early in the morning, and the two had barely made their way to the shoe lockers when they heard the summons.  Hinata yelped.  "T-Tana- I mean, Misa-senpai?!"

The brunette's eyes were clouded over with a very ominous shadow, and did I mention her ominous smile?  "Where...is...Kaorucchi...?"

Hinata blinked.  "Ah, haven't seen her yet today.~"

Misa growled.  "A boy appeared on my doorsteps last night, and I kicked him out, but he said that Kaoru.  What is going on...?"

"She probably didn't know," Kageyama mused then said to Misa, "Ah, yesterday, Kaoru cut her ha-"

"Tobio, Shouyo, I'll explain later," Kaoru suddenly appeared from behind Kageyama and Hinata.

"Haa-ah?!" Misa stared intensely at Kaoru, then suddenly pointed accusingly at Kageyama and Hinata.  "Since when did you guys get so familiar with my Kaorucchi?!"  Then she took a double take at Kaoru.  "Y-You-You're ha-ha-..."

A ghoulish shriek rose from the school gates as Daichi - in his classroom - sighed.  "Your sister must've found out, Tanaka," he leaned back in his chair.

-

"Haah, today was just too long," a blonde was commenting as she turned around to face Kaoru.  The classroom was almost empty since everybody was leaving for club practice.  "Neh, Kaoru-chan, your haircut is nice," she smiled, "But...it's a tad short, don't you think?"

Kaoru just gave a ghost of a smile and stood, collecting her things, and walked out of the classroom.  "I have to go to club now."

"All right, see you around then," her classmate nodded.

Kaoru hefted her book bag onto her shoulder, rubbing her head a bit as she yawned.  Should I really have gotten so riled last night...?  No, it was the right thing to do.  After all, that-

"Oh!"

The exclamation made her pause, and she bumped into someone.  "I'm sorry," she quickly apologized, realizing that she had just run into her homeroom teacher.

However, the homeroom teacher just gave her a blank smile.  "Oh, ah, it's all right.  It was just an accident."

Kaoru stared in slight confusion then remembered.  Right, because of this haircut...my teachers couldn't even remember who I was...let alone I existed.  She sighed a bit, helping her sensei pick up his papers, then bowed, running off to go to the gym.

-

"Okay, break, guys," Coach Ukai called, and the guys clamored over each other to grab the water bottles.

"Haah, I'm feeling like I'm at my best for performing!" Tanaka swung his arm around, laughing loudly.  "Great serves like usual, Suga-san, Kageyama!"

Kageyama silently received the praise while Sugawara sheepishly rubbed his head.  However, it did occur to the raven-haired setter that he hadn't seen Sugawara's cousin all day, which was somewhat interesting.  He downed his waterbottle and stretched his shoulders a bit, looking around.

"What are you looking for, Kageyama?" Hinata piped up, noticing that the setter wasn't drinking like the others.

"Nothing," Kageyama closed his eyes, looking away from Hinata's curious gaze.

"Haah?!  Trying to pick a fight with me or something?" the blond shrimp growled, then blinked.  "Ah, perhaps...you're looking for...Kaoru-san?"

Kageyama whirled around, glaring since he had hit the mark.  However, before he could retort, a soft famliar voice broke in.  "Ah, I've been here since the beginning of practice."