Chapter 11

Our favorite carrot top was sitting, staring straight ahead with a frozen expressionless face, at the front of the bus with Kageyama, who was busy playing Hinabird on his phone, headphones drowning out the shrieks and gossiping going on behind them in the bus.

"H-H-How d-did this h-happen..." the poor boy was frozen, staring at his hands. All color was gone from his face.

An equally frozen Yamaguchi sat across from Hinata, laughing nervously under his breath. "Guess we screwed up, didn't we..."

The ever stoic Tsukishima clicked his tongue at the two, busy reading his chemistry textbook. Of course it bothered him that they had somehow arrived on the wrong bus at the wrong time, but as long as they could get to the same site, it didn't matter. He glanced at his cell phone briefly just in time to see a Line text pop up from a certain silver-haired girl.

"You got Suga-chan's number?" Yamaguchi was suddenly leaning into Tsukishima's personal space, craning his neck to see the text

"EH?!" Hinata bounced over behind the duo and peeked between the head rests. "Where is she?!"

The salty blonde was a little pissed - to say the least - at the two intrusions, but he answered the question, shoving his phone back into his pocket. "Kaoru got onto the guys' bus with her cousin since they carpooled. And besides, she told us all her number the other day." He pulled on his Somy headphones. "Now scram, shrimp."

Said shrimp puffed out his cheeks in exasperation. "Baka Tsukki," he mocked the blonde, who shot him a murderous glare even though Hinata thought those expensive headphones would have cancelled out his voice. "A~aah," he pouted, sliding back into his seat. "I'm bored..."

"Well, we have another two hours until we reach the beach," Yamaguchi pulled out a box of cards. "Wanna play a game before you get sick?"

"Urk, why'd you remind me..." Hinata's face started taking on a paler white tone.

---

Kaoru was presently napping on two seats since the night before she had stayed up too late playing Pokemon Moon. The sleeping Suga didn't notice her phone chirping, but the upper classmen around her did...

Ennoshita glanced over just in time to see Tanaka wrestling the phone away from Kinoshita who probably had the same idea as the baldy. "Oi," he hissed under his breath, as to not awaken the fighting instincts of the mother and father crow who were currently deeply invested in a discussion with their other second year son Narita.

"Hey, hey, lighten up," Tanaka grinned like a shark ready to devour its next meal. "I mean, after all, technically, we could be doing Suga-chan a favor," he hovered a finger over the 'Reply' of the Line message that popped up from Tsukishima.

Ennoshita saw his life flashing before his eyes and imagined the damage that he'd have to endure from the third years. "Oi, Tana-"

"Oops, too late," Tanaka was already furiously sending another text to Kageyama and passing the phone off to Kinoshita.

The poor second-year straight man turned to look at Asahi at least for some type of help, but the sleeping giant was peaceful in his slumbers.

Ennoshita clasped his hands fervently together in prayer at Asahi. "Heaven, save me from the third years' wrath..."

=|Author's Note|=

Had to keep this chapter short, but I would just like to take this time to thank you all for your encouragement and patience despite my super slow updates! Crows' Shadow has been needing an update for some time, and I took the time to go through ALL of the comments to see if there were any things I should do to edit old chapters or add in new ones. (Chapter 1-Hinata's position has been changed; Chapter 2-Hinata is a redhead, thanks!) I would like to give a special thank you to those who caught my mistakes and commented on them so I could fix them eventually. You readers are the reason why I can make some super fanfics for everyone to enjoy! :)

And BTW BTW, those people who keep recognizing my subtle anime references, you guys make me embarrassed lol. #wearetrash

Currently, I'm in KHR hell again. Hibari dragged me back in, and I won't be out of there until I rewatch the WHOLE series and reread the manga again (LOL), but that means you can look forward to hopefully new KHR fanfics or oneshots...? <- I'm hoping I can do more for you guys to make up for the time that I've been gone. I'm definitely open to suggestions about what I should write, haha.

Speaking of being gone...drumroll please, Hinata...

*drumroll brought to you by Karasuno boys drumming their kneepads*

I might be studying abroad in Japan next year! Which! Hopefully! Revives! Me! And! My! Fanfics! Still going through the process of applying and stuff, but hopefully it all works out, and I can give you guys some quality material to read.~<3

By the way guys, Hinabird really is an actual app you can play on your phone. And I am GUILTY of playing it so much. :3 You should check it out! (Just me suggesting the game, not advertising it lol)

 :3 You should check it out!  (Just me suggesting the game, not advertising it lol)