the other half: ending

-mina-

i read it. it hurts me more. son chaeyoung, why did you have to hide this? you've been dying and you had no guts to tell me. there's no more time left, chaeyoung. i don't want to lose you for good.

"so, you now know?" i heard a voice. i know this familiar voice. "sana" i mumbled. i turned around and saw her. she smiled. "i'm glad you still remembered me." she said ang hugged me.

"i'm sorry for not telling you minari. it's what chae wants. she doesn't want you to hurt. but whatever choice she made i know it could lead to something like hurting you." she said still hugging me. tears escapes my eye as the hug gets longer.

"mina, please make chaeyoung's last days happy. she really misses you a lot. she loves you mina. and she never stopped." she keeps going on.

she comforted me until i fell asleep. should i meet her? the morning came and sana was hugging me from my side. i missed my bestfriend a lot. chaeyoungie, i missed you too.

i opened the mailbox and saw a letter from her. but it's smudged. i can't read anything. did she cried while writing this? please no. i'm already hurt just by seeing her do it.

i sighed. will she write a new one. i waited and waited. none came. i'm worried now. i prepared myself and went out. i'm going to chaeyoung.

i ran and ran as there are no buses around for now. i ran and was now in front of her door. i knocked. no one's answering. i knocked again. this time it opened. but it showed someone who is unknown to me.

"hello, ms. isn't this son chaeyoung's home?" i asked. she then looks at me and think for a while. "ah, you mean the old owner of this house? she left a while a go. she sold me this house. she looks unwell, kid. you should visit her a lot." she said.

she left? "uhm, do you happen to know where she went?" i asked the lady. "not really. but she will go to her new house she said." the nice lady said and smiled. i nodded and thanked the lady.

i opened my phone and looked for her number. i tried calling it for multiple times, but she's not answering. just where the hell are you, chaeyoung-ah. chaeyoung, just tell me that you're fine.

my eyes felt heavy. i opened it and i'm in my house. i went to my mailbox to look for some mails from chaeyoung. i gladly found one. but, i guess it doesn't matter anymore.

she said her bye. chaeyoung, do you have to leave me? shouldn't you just told me then. why now? why when it's too late. i love you, son chaeyoung.

-timeskip-

"mina, will you be fine?" sana asked. i smiled at her. "i will be." i said and left.

------------------------
and that's it guys
thank you for reading
i'm sorry
chaeyoung died again
at this moment
i can't write a story with a happy ending yet
but i will keep trying