Just Another Pair Of Lips

Lauren Jauregui, otherwise known as The Lip Locker, is standing by her locker. It's her normal station before and inbetween class, so people wishing for Lauren's appraised kissing skills know where to find her. While absentmindedly twirling a lock of her long brown hair, she gathers in her mind that she may have no customers today. Internally, she sighs in relief.

She has no idea who appointed her as The Lip Locker, no one in school had ever been The Lip Locker before. It may be because her last boyfriend, which was nearly six years ago, bragged that he was dating the best kisser in the fifth grade.

Whatever the reason may be, it's still a crazy idea, she thought.

She puts up with being called names everyday. For instance: Whoregui, Walking Kissing Booth, Kissed A Boy And Liked It. The last one may not make sense, but they call her that because everyone knows she's indifferent when it comes to kissing. She pushes away her emotions, something every teenage girl wish they could do, and just goes for it, knowing that she'll still be the same afterwards.

Lauren checks her phone, her iPhone saying that she has two minutes left until the bell rings. Just as she picks up her bookbag from the ground, she hears a boy's voice clear from a few feet in front of her.

Looking up through her lashes at first, she takes in his features. Tall, lanky but muscular, nervous but charming smile that can easily be seen from a mile away, and hazel eyes. She confidently raises her chin at him with approval, making his smile grow less nervous. That's how she always looks at people who are looking for her help. Not because she's a jerk, but because she tries to calm her "customers" down.

"Riley Parker, what a surprise." she said, the star soccer player not even acknowledging that she knew his name. She knows everyone in school, she has to be in charge of knowing that or else she'll just be asking strangers and rumors will fly around about who's getting a Lip Lock from the ever so famous Lauren.

"I didn't pitch you as the kind of guy who liked his gender." She joked, her fingers gliding along the edges of her locker as she stared him down.

"I'm not, Jauregui. It's a girl- But, if y-you're not com-comfortable with t-that, it's f-f-f-"

"Calm yourself, Parker. Who do you think got Vero and Lucy together, the Easter Bunny? I've kissed girls before." she said, attempting to calm him down. There's one thing Lauren is known for besides her famous Lip telegrams: her words. She's the outspoken kind of girl who can have you happy or crying in two seconds. To say she has a way with words is true.

"Okay, her name's Camilla Cabello-"

"It's CamEEla CabeYo!" Lauren intimidated, having heard the girl say that at least once a day, but she has no idea what she looks like. She's heard of the famous Camila. She has amazing fashion though she hates to admit it, a weird sense of humor that's alluring even if you have no clue what it means, is in love with books - preferrably John Green, and a nerd with "amazing legs"

She seems like a catch to everyone, I wonder why no one asked me to Lip Lock her, she wondered.

While she's wondering that, Riley is nervous about this task he's asking her for. She's kissed a lot of people, but no one knows when she may just find herself someone she may be interested in, boy or girl.

What if Camila is the one that changes her? He wonders. But he soon shakes his head.

He knows that she's a professional, so she won't feel anything. She won't fall for her physical appearance or her amazing legs, because she's only there to carry out her job.

░░░

After the star player informs Lauren of where she can find Camila to carry out her job, she sets out to find the 'lucky' girl. Lauren doesn't get how everyone can find her job so amazing. If she says you're bad at kissing, then you're just further publicized under her Bad Kisser list, and get bullied until you get the courage to stand up for yourself or skip town.

It's quite demeaning, she thought. I may be a good kisser, but it's not enough to make it seem like my lips are some kind of award.

As she walks down the hallway, the crowd splits, eager to see who will be kissed today. Whispers and the sound of Lauren's lita boots hitting the ground are all anyone hear. Once she spots the brunette, she momentarily rolls her eyes at her stupid job, but she puts on an earnest smile when she reaches her.

"May The Lip Locker be at your service." Lauren says the rehearsed line after she taps Camila's shoulder. The mystery girl turns around, Lauren finally happy to know that she isn't as nerdy as everyone made her out to be. She looked normal, but beautiful in every way. Then again, everyone is beautiful in their own way.

"It's Riley, isn't it?" Camila finally spoke up after a moment of silence, her scratchy voice making Lauren smirk. It wasn't the usual reaction she got. A girl would squeal, and a boy would lick his lips 'seductively' She liked her fresh remark.

"Good guess, CabeYo." Lauren teased, her hands going up to her shoulders. Camila, the unknown lip virgin, blushed as she had no idea where to put her hands. Before she knew it, Lauren's acclaimed lips were on hers. Her eyes slowly fluttered closed. She expected it to be brief, as everyone always says her kisses last three seconds, but she was delightfully surprised that Lauren had deepened the kiss.

From afar, Riley wasn't mad about what Lauren was doing, maybe she couldn't enough 'info' on her lips. He did have to admit, seeing them kissing was quite the turn on, and he wasn't the only guy in the hallway who noticed that. Although the homophobes of the school would normally say something snippy, they knew Lauren was just doing her job.

Lauren pulled away when air had become an issue, staring wide-eyed at the younger girl with the flawless tan and amazing smile. Camila stares back at her, upset that it ended so soon. She clears her throat and spots Riley, but turns to face Camila since this is also part of her job: her final verdict.

"She's good." She whispers, but since the hallway is so quiet, everyone heard her. Shaking away her flimsy thoughts, she gives her a smile and pulls out her notebook, adding the girls name on her Good Kisser list.

"Congratulations CamEEla CabeYo, you are now officially deemed as a good kisser." She says once she puts away her notebook. Soon, Camila is tackled by her friends, Dinah Jane Hansen, Marielle and Sandra Guzman, congratulating her about the news.

Lauren walks away from the crowd, in need of some fresh air. Once she's away from the crowd, she takes a deep breath in hopes to calm her down.

She's just another pair of lips, so why should she be any different? I'm just doing my job, she thought.

You know what, I should probably charge people for doing this, because if I ever feel that good again, I'm going to ask for a Good Kisser fee, she thought.