Laughter and Love

~Alex POV~

"Maria come on!!!! We are gonna get late!!!!" I yelled

Maria giggled and said "Okay! I'm coming!"

Maria is an inch taller then me, but she is a year younger then me. She grabbed my arm and ran with me

"Slow down! Just because you are taller then me, doesn't mean you have to run your fastest" I complained

Maria stopped and said "I know, but it's fun to do it"

I heard crying and said to her "Shh. I hear crying... I'm going to check it out"

Maria nodded and waited for me to go and check it out. I walked into a backyard and saw a boy sitting on the grass, crying

I asked "Hey... Are you alright?" The boy looked up at me, his eyes puffy from crying, and said "Y-yeah... I'm fine"

I said "Alright.... But you were crying" He said "Just that my dad is a drunk and yells at me when he is drunk"

I nodded and said "I'm Alex, Alexander Hamilton Washington" He smiled and said "John, Johnathan Laurens"

Maria walked into the yard and said "Alex, we gotta hurry... We are gonna be late"

I said "I know..." Maria looked over at John and said "Oh and Hi. I'm Maria, Maria Lewis Washington"

John said "Hi... I'm John Laurens" I smiled and asked "Hey John, wanna come with us?"

He smiled and said "That would be alright"

We made our way out of his backyard and walked to the Schuyler residents

I asked "Maria, how did you manage to get invited to the richest people's house?"

Maria grinned and said "I have my ways"

A small girl, who is a centimeter shorter then Maria, yelled "MARIA!!! JOHN!!!!"

John and Maria ran up to the girl and hugged her. I asked "Who are you?"

The girl smiled and said "Peggy" I nodded my head and said "Maria talked about you"

Peggy raised an eyebrow and asked "Oh really?" I nodded and smiled

Peggy said "Cool! Also I was gonna introduce John to Maria, but I guess you already introduced yourselves to each other"

Maria and John nodded. I walked up to the door and asked "Can we come in now?"

Peggy smiled and said "Yeah! Of course!"

I saw a whole bunch of kids and a few adults. There were two kids running around, with cool aid jammers. A kid in a bandana doing a kid's hair.

A couple of kids jumping on the couches. Two kids doing each other's hair. A kid stuffing his face in Mac and cheese. Another kid pulling the kid, eating Mac and cheese, away from the Mac and cheese.

I saw John walk over to the kid with a bandana, who was doing a kid's hair, and talking with them

Maria ran off with Peggy, probably to the kitchen

I saw two girls walking over to me and the girl in blue said "Hey! I'm Eliza, this is Angelica" She pointed to the girl in pink

I said "It's nice to meet you Eliza and Angelica. I am Alex, Maria's brother"

Angelica said "Cool! Our little sister, Peggy, talks about her all the time!"

"Cool!" I said. I got pulled away by the kid with the bandana and he asked "Hey kid, you are John's friend right?"