Welcome to Snowdin

*For the purpose of a shorter story, I will skip over the part with Toriel in the ruins.

You feel kind of bad leaving Toriel, but you remind yourself that It's for the best. As you wade through the snow, you think you hear someone crunching behind you, but when you turn around there's no one there. It must be your head playing tricks on you. After all, it hasn't been so long since you fell. You hear it again, but when you turn around this time, a twig is broken. This can't be your imagination, right? Before you can think about running, a skeleton in a black jacket and red sneakers appears in front of you. He looks angry... and sweaty. It looks as though he is about to say something, but another, taller skeleton steps from behind him. They talk for a minute or two. You think about leaving, but you're interested in where this is going. After a bit the taller one stalks off, leaving the short one to try to kill you for your soul.

An intense battle pursues, the skeleton barely missing you, and getting frustrated at your apparent lack of will to fight. He is so unrelenting, it never crosses your mind that he's trying to do what you climbed Mt. Ebbot to do in the first place. On your turn, you decide the best course of action is to talk him out of... scratch that, maybe you can annoy him into it. Or what about the sweet, caring owner of the Orphanage? Your best friend? That would be selfish, wouldn't it? Eventually, he gets tired of waiting and goes ahead and attacks you. What!? He can do that? Guess you'll have to be a little bit quicker than that next time...

After a while, you somehow manage to decide you don't want him to kill you just yet and convince him to stop fighting you. 

"You better not tell Papyrus I let you get away."

"Who...?"

"Jeez, it's Papyrus, kid. The tall, mean one."

"Maybe I wanna meet him."

"Trust me, kid. You don't wanna meet Papyrus. Name's Sans, by the way"

"Oh, I'm (Y/N)."

You shake hands, though he looks reluctant to contact with you. You can't think why, he's the one that's all sweaty. You start to leave, but you hear footsteps and Sans directs you to a conveniently shaped lamp. Papyrus marches up and yells at Sans for a minute. When he's finished he kicks a rock that hits your lamp and knocks it over. Frozen by fear, you watch as Papyrus takes a minute to yell at his brother, ending with a firm kick in the ribs before heading to you to "finish the job himself."

Sans is too doubled up with pain and fear to help, so you brace yourself for what you think will be the bittersweet release of death. Just then Papyrus' phone rings and he lets the bone in his hand dissipate to answer it. You take the time to think of a way out of it because Papyrus is keeping an eye-socket on you. By the time he hangs up Sans has righted himself and you've come up with a rough draft to your essay on how to stop a skeleton from murdering you that's due in 2 seconds.