“Night, best friend.” He replies before we fall asleep.

~~

Sam and I walk towards the local diner the next morning. Hunter wanted to have breakfast and to just hang out.

As we walk in, I spot Hunter and smile. I wave, catching Sam’s attention and he looks towards Hunter. He grins, but he quickly glares.

Freddie sat at the small booth and was messing with his glass of water. His hair was not as messy today like he actually ran his fingers through his hair to comb it out. He was wearing semi nice clothes instead of sweatpants and or sweatshirts like the other three of us were. Is he dressed up for my best friend?

“I think someone dressed up for you.” I muse, leading the way towards the booth.

He snorts. “What an idiot.” He mutters.

I laugh and sit down on the side of booth that Hunter was sitting at. Sam scowls when he sees the only available place to sit was by Freddie. He quickly sits by me, pushing me against Hunter. Well, this is a tight squeeze.

“Well, this is cozy.” Sam mumbles, looking anywhere, but us.

Hunter pushes me, making Sam fall out of the booth. He gets up, huffing.

“Sorry, but there’s a place by Freddie. Sit there.” Hunter says, leaning against the booth.

Sam pouts, but sits by Freddie. He was sitting so far away from Freddie that half his ass wasn’t even in the booth. Freddie frowns, looking away, his jaw clenched.

Hunter clears his throat. “Well, I think I'm gonna order the pancake package. How about you, Cammy?” he says, and then looks towards me.

I shrug, picking up my menu. “Hmm… I think I’ll get the egg, bacon, and hash browns. Oh, and a side of sausages.” I tell him, putting my menu down.

“And you, Sam?” Hunter asks him.

Sam picks up his own menu and his eyes roam over it. “I guess I’ll get the same thing as Cameron.”

Hunter turns to Freddie and grins. “How ‘bout you, big guy?” he asks his large friend.

Freddie hums. “I'm gonna get the pancake package with a side of sausages.”

I grin. “Well, Freddie, you must be like me and love sausage.” I tease and he grins.

“Oh yeah, love it so much.” He says looking at Sam. Hunter and Sam blush.

Sam glares at him. “Don’t even think about it.” he says, his cheeks red.

Hunter coughs and I put my arm on the back of the booth. We sit in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before the waiter comes up. We give him our orders and Freddie puts extra emphasis on sausages. Sam blushed.