Chapter 32: The First Ultrasound

Start from the beginning

“Well, there’s definitely an improvement. Your eyes aren’t swollen anymore and the color is a little less dramatic. I’m going to have to move your nose a bit now, okay?” she tells me and I nod, squeezing my eyes shut. I notice the moment that her fingers touch it because I feel the pressure, the pain it’s bringing me. She moves a bit, but I know that she’s trying to be careful. It’s over quicker than I would have thought and I open my eyes to notice that she’s removing her gloves.

“Well, it’s definitely healing a bit. I’d give it a month before you’re good to go,” she tells me and I smile. A month isn’t too bad.

“Okay,” I smile. I notice Harry and Gemma giving me a thumbs up.

“Alright. Now it’s time for the ultrasound. I would like you to lay back down now,” she tells me and I nod. She grabs a machine and brings it near me, grabbing a gel too. She sets it down next to me while putting on some new gloves.

“Do you guys want to come see the child too?” The doctor smiles nicely at them. I’m thankful for it, especially when they nod and walk over to me. Harry takes my hand in to his, squeezing it a bit. This is the moment that we’ve been waiting for.

“I need you to lift up your shirt so we can put the gel on it. It’s cold,” she warns me just like every person in the movie. I lift up my shirt to reveal my tummy, something that’s already starting to get a bit bigger. Damn. How have I been so oblivious?

She squirts some of the gel onto my stomach, my gasp of surprise echoing around the room. I knew she said it was going to be cold, but not this cold. I notice Harry chuckling a bit as I just glare at him. Mrs. Polly begins to rub the substance in circles until it’s covering most of my tummy. It’s much warmer now if I must admit.

“You ready?” she asks me. I nod impatiently, wanting to see the life form growing inside of me. Smiling at me, she grabs the machine little handle thing and begins to rub it on my stomach. We all look at the screen, noticing the familiar picture. She moves it around a bit until she stops, us all looking at the screen. She has Gemma hold the scanner thing on my stomach as she gets up to look at the screen.

“See this right here? That’s your child.” She tells me, drawing a circle around a little blob. I can see the shape kind of and I’m so happy that I could cry.

“Can you move it a little more to the left miss?” the doctor tells Gemma who nods. She moves it a bit, the slimy feeling on my stomach not grossing me out as surprising as that is.

“It looks like my hypothesis is correct,” she tells me. I raise my eyebrow confused. Her hypothesis?

“Is the baby okay? What’s going on?” Harry asks as concerned as me.

“The babies are fine,” she tells us. Wait, babies?

“Um. You said that plural,” I tell her.

“I know. You see, the first child is right here while the second one is right here,” she says motioning towards the two bodies. So I’m not having one child, but instead I’m having two.

“We’re having twins.”

~

After we were done with the ultrasound, Harry paid for pictures. He says that we have to make a baby book and Gemma is going to help him. This is all so surreal. I was expecting one and now I’m stuck with two. How am I going to be able to do this? I know that Harry said he’d help me, but we all know he’s going to away on tour quite a lot. He can’t just up and leave this.

“Snow?” a familiar voice says as we enter the waiting room. I have to say that I’m a bit surprised to see a blonde waiting for me, her green eyes piercing mine. What the hell is she doing here?

“Alee?” I ask. She quickly makes her way towards me.

“What happened? Madelyne told me that you broke your nose and had a follow-up appointment today. Is everything okay?” she asks me. So, Madelyne is paying attention to what I do. I nod my head, wanting to cry all over again as she embraces me in a hug.

“What’s wrong?” she whispers in my ear. I know that it’s just us two right now. Harry and Gemma are waiting for the pictures. I told them that I would wait in the car.

“I fell on the ice and they told me that I had a disease, but it wasn’t really a disease. It turns out that I’m pregnant and I just had an ultrasound and it turns out that it’s with twins,” I choke out to her. I know that I’m a mess, but I can’t hide it.

“You’re pregnant? Who’s the father?” she asks me. I’m about to say that I don’t know when I realize she doesn’t know about the rape. She can’t know. Nobody can.

“It’s Harry’s. We were careful and everything, but now I’m having two of his children. My mum’s going to kick me out, I know it,” I tell her. That’s my worst fear. I know she’ll kick me out and not support me. I’m going to be homeless. I don’t know what to do.

“I’m going to be here for you through everything. I hope you know that,” she tells me and I nod, wiping away what tears have escaped my eyes.

“Snow! Look at them,” Harry smirks as he approaches us. He hands me the photos and I smile a bit. They’re going to be gorgeous children with Harry’s genes inside of them. I notice the way that Alee’s eyes light up when she looks at my children. I wonder if mine do the same.

“And you’ll never guess what else babe,” he tells me.

“What?” I ask him.

“Zayn wants to come out,” he tells me. My tummy does a little flip flop at the thought of my friend. I miss him. I miss him quite a bit actually if I’m being honest. I’m happy that I might be seeing him soon.

“I know I always say that I never want a child of my own, but can I plan your baby shower? We can invite Zayn and the rest of the boys plus a few of our friends. Can I?” Alee asks. Everybody is kind of rambling on the topics of Zayn’s visit and the baby shower. All I know is that I need a break. I want to rest.