Chapter 35

Jin's POV

"Namjoon! Open up already!" I called out, banging on his door. I could hear his feet shuffling on the other side of the door. I waited for the lock to click open but heard nothing.

"If you have a problem with me you need to talk to me! It's been a week of you avoiding me!"

"I am not avoiding you, hyung." His muffled voice came through the door.

"Really? You are talking to me through a closed door and you want to argue about how you aren't avoiding me. I have gathered everyone in the living room and we are going to sit and talk this out. Today. Don't make me drag you out. We are all waiting for you." I heard the faint click of the door as I walked away.

A week had passed since I was discharged from the hospital. Had things improved between Yoona and me? Sort of. We were talking again but I didn't want to assume that she had forgiven me. She was just looking out for me and I was more than happy. For now.

While things were looking up on this end, the atmosphere at home had gotten tense. Initially, it felt like everyone was giving me my space because of my little hospital stint and I didn't think too much about it.

However, as the days passed I started noticing how the atmosphere at home had become quite serious. The younger ones were awfully quite and would keep to themselves. Yoongi started staying at the studio for longer hours and I hardly ever saw him even though we shared a room. Hoseok, I assumed was getting busier with working on the album and his mixtape simultaneously and that's why I didn't see him.

What finally confirmed the fact that something wasn't right was when Namjoon would quickly excuse himself every time I came into the room. He even pretended to get phone calls and excuse himself when I said that I wanted to talk to him about the album.

As I walked back into the living room, I saw five pairs of eyes look at me and quickly look away. I didn't want to show it but I was getting nervous about what was going on. I sat on the lonely chair I had pulled up in front of the television and looked at the others sitting opposite me on the couch and the scattered bean bags. It felt like a self-imposed intervention.

"Okay, so now that everyone is here, let's begin," I said as Namjoon sat down on the couch. He too was avoiding my eyes.

"There's no point pretending that something isn't wrong. It's been a week and I am getting sick of it. If I have done something wrong will one of you just tell me and while you are at it, it would be really nice if you could at least look at me!" I snapped.

Six pairs of eyes looked at me shocked and then immediately schooled themselves and looked away.

I let out a sigh. "Can someone just tell me what I did wrong? I have been racking my brain and I can't think of anything. Please."

"Hyung, you didn't do anything wrong." Namjoon's low voice came in reply.

"Right. Everything is okay and you all are just avoiding me for the heck of it. Makes sense," I said sarcastically.

"You didn't do anything wrong!" Jungkook said loudly, finally looking at me. "Kookie!" Taehyung said, putting a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Hyung, but he's not the one at fault! He's blaming himself while we are just avoiding this whole situation!" Jungkook sighed.

"Then, why?" I asked confused.

"Because we don't know how to face you..." Jimin's low voice filtered in.

"Face me..? What's going on?" Whatever was going on, it didn't feel right. I could feel my stomach churning nervously.

"You did nothing wrong. We are the ones who are at fault. Well, me mostly." Namjoon piped in. "I should have done something. What's the point of claiming to be the leader when I can't even look out for all of you? I don't know how I got so caught up in everything that I couldn't see what you were going through."

"I-I heard you talking to Yoona. I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I couldn't sleep properly so I thought I should check up on you. I heard you talking to Yoona about leaving us..." Hoseok said finally clearing it up.

"Oh.."

I didn't know what else to say. I know I should have spoken to them about all this but I didn't want to make all this into a big emotional mess.

"You could have said something to me at least!" 

I saw Yoongi glaring at me as he continued, "You are the one who insists that we always be open to each other and discuss things. Clearly, that doesn't apply when it comes to you. It feels great knowing that you could talk to Yoona about all this but not us when we should have been the first ones to know!" Yoongi immediately got up from the couch and left. I called out to him but I just heard the door of our room bang against its frame in response.

"Yoongi hyung has been beating himself over this for the past week. I'll go talk to him and bring him back." Taehyung said as he followed Yoongi.

"Hyung, I am so sorry!" Jungkook said, his lower lip quivering.

"Jungkookie, why are you apologizing?" I asked as I sat down next to him, ruffling his hair while pulling him into a hug. I haven't seen him this worked up about anything.

"None of you have to apologize for anything! It's not your fault! I feel the way I do because of me. It has nothing to do with you!" I said looking at the rest of them.

"You are thinking about leaving us! It has everything to do with us! Our actions must have led you to feel the way you do."

"Namjoon, for the last time, none of you are responsible. Jimin!" I was shocked to see him sniffing while trying to hide behind his knees that were pulled up against his chest.

"Have you all been blaming yourselves for this?! You aren't the reason behind any of this. I have my own reasons. You'll are why I am still here. Every time I would think of leaving, I would stay back because I was too selfish to let go of all you. I couldn't imagine living without the six of you."

"Then, don't."

I turned to Yoongi's voice.

"Please don't l-leave." Taehyung said softly, his voice cracking with emotion and his eyes pleading for me to listen.

I closed my eyes, trying to block the betrayal I would see in their eyes and felt my heart slowly shatter at each word spoken.

"I think it's time for me to leave."

---------