I Can't Wait

Florence, Italy : June, 6,  1866

Last night with Damien was good. He's the dangerous and adventurous brother of the two. A lot like my brother Damon. His name reminds me of him constantly. I'm going to leave soon.

I have to leave with or without one of the,. I have come to that decision. But I know that I love both.

Now, they both keep asking me questions privately. Damien wants to be a vampire but I think Alex is undecided and curious. If I leave alone there will be a fire.

I'll need everyone to believe that I perished in that fire.

I'm glad that both of the brothers know my secret. They wont tell anyone, of course. I compelled both of them.

Lexi and I will be spending time together again after I leave. I'm still undecided. At first, I wanted to be with both of them and since they are brothers then I thought it would be fine. After being with Damien, I have changed my mind.

It sucks when you love both of them. I can't help but feel trapped in my own presence. That's why I'm outside for some fresh air. Lexi is off shopping and I'm still stuck alone at this mansion. Well, not alone.

Damien and Alex are in the back, playing a game that I believe is called Football. Elizabeth and James are off to dinner somewhere. All of the servants are off for the day and Serena is out with Lexi.

Today feels different now that I am lying to both of them. I think that deep inside they know whats going on, but I don't want them to. I could compel them again but I can't treat them like puppets for the rest of their lives.

" Will you show me tonight?" Damien whispers. His voice sends shivers down my spine. God, he is so hot. But Alex is as well.

" Very well then, eight o' clock tonight. Your parents will be gone for two days since it's their anniversary right?" I ask. He nods and I smile to myself.

" Do you love me?" he asks me. I can't lie to him. It's not fair of me. I can't just tell Alex I love him and not Damien. Because truth be told I love both.

" Yes I do Damien. You will not tell Alex," I compel. He smiles and nods at me and I kiss him on the cheek.

-

Damien lays on the road right in front of me. I sit right next to him looking helpless and upset. A carriage comes around the corner and I smile to myself.

" Wait! Please help us!" I scream, running over to the carriage. " My husband, he's been hurt, please help him!"

The man comes out of the carriage and runs over to Damien and I sigh in relief. Another man comes out of the carriage and looks at me.

" What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe," he states. I smile and my fangs pop out and my vampire face forms.

" No sir, It's not safe," I say, plunging my fangs into his neck. I let his body fall to the ground as he moans in pain. The other man that is with Damien looks back at the horses that are making noises. He looks back at me and I plunge my fangs into his neck.

I let him drop to the ground and I look back at Damien, my face back to it's regular form. " And that's how it's done."

He stands up and looks at me and looks at the two dead men on the ground. " What happens to the bodies?"

" We'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off," I explain. He shows a small smile and I get a chill from the warm blood on my mouth and chin mixing with the cold night air. Damien pauses and looks around.