This wasn't a date

I watch as Katherine walks around my room and sits down on my bed, playing with a fluffy pillow on top of it. She just sits there and smiles at me and then she gets up and walks up to me and takes a piece of my hair, running it through her hand.

" So pretty, just like the old days. But of course, you are a vampire so you look exactly the same and age nothing," she says.

" What do you want Katherine?," I stand up, pulling my hair away from her.

" I want a chance to explain to you why I did what I did. If you didn't notice, I turned you, Stefan, and Damon. You were included in that. I love Stefan but not Damon, though I turned him for Stefan's sake. He needed family. I liked you, you were like a sister- a little sister. I didn't want you to die and I never meant to hurt you Gabriella. You reminded me of someone I knew before. I was planning on turning you all on another day but when this day came, I tried to make sure you died together, but you were no where to be found-"

" I was with a friend, saving her life. But please, do go on," I say.

" As I was saying, I wanted all of us to be together, marry Stefan, be a family. You would be my sister-in-law, Damon my brother, but that didn't work. Damon and Stefan were not supposed to come back for me and they did and they got shot after you were dead. I had to leave without you, I wanted to come back and I promised I would but I didn't know when to," she says.

" Wow, I think I can hear a little hurt in your voice. Part of this game?," I ask.

" I'm sorry, I am really sorry. And this hurt that your talking about is real, I did want us all to be together. I was jealous that Damon and Stefan had you as a little sister. And when I met you and got to know you, I promised myself that I would do anything to protect you- so I had to turn you," she answers.

Katherine has finally left and now I am with Matt at the Grill, I think it is weird that he works here now, I never had a bartender friend. It's sort of awkward too, considering he gave me blood and all. I look at him as he puts on his weird outfit thing... a smock? I think. He smirks at me as I stand behind the counter and take an order.

" She doesn't work here," he says to the man I'm pouring the drink for.

" And I'm not twenty-one but hey, what can you do? She is interesting," he says.

" Why thank you Sam!," I say.

" It's Kevin," says the man.

" Lets go with Sam," I reply.

He smirks at me and I go into the back to bring out another bottle and Matt follows me. I hold the bottle in my hand but he takes it from me and raises an eyebrow.

" Why are you here?"

" I'm working... Nothing better to do," I say.

" Okay good point, anyways, I was wondering if you would like to hang out tomorrow night? I'm off and-"

" I would love to. It's a date!"

He smiles at me while I take off the weird thing that is called a smock... Or is it an apron? No, aprons sound french if you say it with ' On' and french people are sort of mean. So it's a smock because a smock sounds logical!

I look around the back room and then I pick up an empty box and lick it then slowly put it back down and walk away in large gaping steps until I leave the Grill.

" Where are you going?," Stefan asks. It's Saturday.

I'm in my room changing into a pretty white shirt with spaghetti strap sleeves and a pair of black shorts with cute white flats that each have a sparkly bow at the top in the front. Stefan raises an eyebrow at me as I brush my washed and dried hair and then throw the brush on my bed and put on my sunlight necklace along with a couple bracelets and a ring. I put on black dangling earrings and then I turn to Stefan.