Polyjuice someone to look like me (or 'Fred' whichever one of us is really him at the moment)

That could work except for the fact the First task was too soon nor did he have the skill to brew any. He could try and find some on the 'potions black market' but some things were best left untouched, even for him.

Slip him sleeping draught

That was too far.

Seduce him

With that, Fred decided he'd had enough of brainstorming for one day; the idea of locking lips with his brother made him want to remove then burn his brain just for suggesting it.

"You alright? You look angry!" Lexy asked, tilting her head slightly as Fred scrunched up the paper in his hand.

"Yeah, hon, I'm fine, hon," He replied quickly, "Just got the notes wrong, hon, and it was annoying me."

"Oh, okay," Lexy replied, glancing up behind his head, her eyes widening, "Crap, let's go."

"Where?"

"The Great Hall, of course!" Lexy said, jumping up. Fred had forgotten how attached at the hips Aubrey and her friends were, having all three meals together which got vaguely irritating after a while especially since it meant spending several hours a day with Kenny. Out of the three, he was the most suspicious, probably as he was grumpy and missed having a grumpy friend to complain with.

Lexy continued to talk all the way to the Great Hall but it didn't annoy Fred too much, in fact he found it sweet, none of his friends were like that. Kenny and Angela were already sat down and Fred braced himself for another dinner with him. Aubrey had told him to make peace with Kenny for her but that was near the bottom of his priorities list.

"Aubrey, Lexy, hello!" Angela said with a warm smile as the two of them took a seat, "Aubrey, I know I've said it but your hair looks so nice recently... it always looked pretty but I like it with all those cute braids and stuff."

"Thanks, girl!" Fred replied, helping himself to the roast chicken, "So, everyone excited for the first task next week, hons?"

"I guess," Kenny replied, looking quite guarded.

"Have you heard? It's going to be a beast of some sorts," Lexy said, clapping her hands, "Oh my God, imagine if it's a kraken!"

"Where would they get a kraken?" Kenny asked.

"I don't know, the sea?! They could put it in the lake," Lexy replied.

"I actually know what it is, my Mum told me all the tasks beforehand although I don't know if it will change now that there are four competitors," Angela said, giving them a small knowing smile, "But I can't tell you."

"Come on, Ang," Kenny begged, "I want to know, we'll find out in a week or so anyway!"

"Yes, and you can wait that week, Kenny!" She replied, "But I will say one thing, it is a beast of some sorts but it's not a Kraken."

"Ha, told you!" Kenny said, slapping the table hard, "Ouch, that hurt."

"Have a roast potato?" Angela giggled, stroking his hand with her free one, "It's a pretty good cure all."

"Not for vomiting pills," Kenny murmured.

"Oh, Ken, not this again."

"I'm sorry, Ang but I'm going to be frustrated about it for a bit," Kenny snapped, to which Angela rolled her eyes; clearly this topic had come up a lot and Fred couldn't help snigger slightly, "I know Aubs is fine with it but I'm not, she's far more forgiving. They've been acting so weirdly too, they're planning something else, I can tell."

"I think it was fair game, hon," Fred replied, reciting Aubrey's opinions on the matter, "It wasn't about us specifically, hon, they did it to everyone, hon."

Kenny eyed her up suspiciously, hastily eating his last potato in one big mouthful, "Oh no, I'm all out of potatoes, Aubs, want to come with me to get the plate?"

"Aubrey, don't," Angela said shaking her head but Fred was curious to see what Kenny had to say.

"Nah, it's alright... hon, I will," He stood up and following Kenny away. When they got to the potato bowl, Kenny didn't move, simply looking over at the other two girls as Fred lurked behind him.

"Kenny, I thought you wanted potatoes, hon..."

"I do but wait...." He said, suddenly ducking down, "Okay, they're talking... Aubs, what has happened to you? You seem off lately, has Fred said something? Because I know you two have randomly been spending a lot of time alone and Jamie said he saw the two of you leaving the Arithmancy classroom together - "

In his mind, Fred made a silent promise to slip some puking pastilles into Jamie's morning pumpkin juice.

" - What was that about? Fred's been acting strange lately too, I'm just curious, are you... working with them?"

"Who me? No, I'm not," He replied quickly, "I know you're annoyed, hon, but it's not like that, we're just doing revision, Fred's actually alright."

"I guess..." Kenny replied, "It just annoys me though, we just let them get away with it..."

It was then that Fred realised the way to distract George was right in front of him... literally. Kenny wanted revenge and George loved a challenge. Slipping away would be easy, but it was a two person job - all he had to do was get Aubrey to comply...