23 ~ Josef

* Mature Content *

Josef knew the nymphs were clever, but he also heard their minds darted like sparrows, so they made the best kind of prey. He had taken stock of each one during his time at the palace, comparing personalities and deciding who might succumb to his unique brand of seduction. Josef hadn't intended to stray off course, but Hades had forced him to seek refuge in the stable longer than was comfortable, causing him to weaken. Now, Josef had to consider a nymph to serve as a restorative. But who would be easiest to coerce? From the rafters of the nymph's common room, Josef watched the sparrows prepare for bed.

"I caught a glimpse of him in the west stairwell," said a nymph with pale pink curls, although Josef presumed they were actually red. "Just his hair, but it looked as golden as Lady Lexi described."

"Well, he let me see him in the pantry, tonight. All of him," Sella said. The round-cheeked girl was the only nymph Josef had met face to face, and he revisited the moment he caught sight of her eyes. He had not seen such a vivid green for centuries.

"Sella, really?" Fiona scolded her bright-eyed comrade as she busied herself with folding down her bedsheets. Josef had learned the stern nymph's name first thing, and he had already pegged her as their leader. She stood taller than the rest and wore the look of an overprotective mother, like now, as she glanced disapprovingly at Sella. "Why didn't you report him to me or Lord Hades?"

"He came and went so quickly. I didn't want to wake his lordship if I couldn't produce a spirit."

"What did the spirit do when you saw him?" asked Blythe, a nymph with starlight hair. "Did he get fresh with you, like he did with our queen?"

"A little. He held my hand, but it was nice." Sella grinned, forcing her lovely eyes into a squint.

"Well, if any of you see him, wake me," Fiona announced. "Lord Hades has given me a sash, and I plan to use it on the heathen if he shows himself again." Josef cringed as the nymph reached under her pillow and pulled out a shiny sash. "And if he shows up naked, I might drag him out by his manhood."

The nymphs busted into fits of laughter, prompting Sella to share a bit more. "If I were left in charge of the sash, I would use it to tie him down and have my way with him. His manhood was extraordinary."

"Sella, you vixen." The red-haired nymph began tickling her friend, making Sella laugh harder, and Josef smiled despite the fatigue he'd been battling. He had taken a chance and appeared to Sella without the cloak, hoping to distract her from his wings by impressing her with his manhood. It appeared his influence was powerful enough to make lovely Sella blush. Perhaps he would test this theory further when the sparrows settled down.

Using his most invisible form, Josef made a pass through the palace. Although Lexi admonished him to keep hidden, Josef had been playing the ghost game for centuries, and he knew every trick, although he had never met an adversary as diligent as Hades. Knowing the risks, Josef stopped at the grand bedchamber on his way up the staircase. He had already heard the throaty moan, and he was drawn to the sexual energy emanating through the door. The two gods were in the throes of love making.

"You remind me of a rose forced to submit to the gardener's twine. With your limbs bound, I will make you mine." Hades spoke in a tempting baritone, sending a ripple through Josef's essence and triggering his desire. He had already felt this desire when he visited Hades in his study. The mighty god's aura had attracted Josef like the pull of something delicious and forbidden, and the detour had nearly been his undoing.

"You're so deep," Lexi panted. "But I want you deeper."

"Deeper than the gorge? Than Oceanus? Than the other side of the universe?"

"Oh, yes. Just like that. Oh, Hades. I'm going to come."

"Wait. I want to taste you when you do. Wrap your legs around my neck."

As Josef listened to their seductive banter, he became whole so he could hold himself in his hand, and he slid his palm along his length as he envisioned the scene unfolding in front of him. He pictured Lexi's hips tilted just-so as she offered up her divine womanhood, and he imagined himself in Hades's place, pleasuring her with his own tongue. When Lexi cried out, her lusty vibrato resonated against Josef's chest, fueling his orgasm.

Jerking out of his trance, Josef quickly released his grip before he climaxed. Expending energy he didn't have would do him no good. He would save it for lovely Sella, and now that he was properly aroused, he would return to the nymph's bedchamber to see if the sparrows were sleeping.

Fiona was the first nymph Josef spied as he swooped down to hover in the rafters. Not surprisingly, she had a firm hold on the sash, which she had tied to her waist, and he spent a few moments counting her rhythmic respirations. The redhead stirred once but didn't wake, and the blonde had her arm thrown over her eyes as she sprawled half-across her curly-haired friend.

Satisfied that the room was asleep, Josef floated down to Sella's bed and found that she was not sleeping. Her bright eyes watched him curiously, and when he smiled, her gaze flicked to his manhood, which was still primed from his visit upstairs. It was difficult keeping his wings hidden without Melinoe's magic cloak, but he felt the risk was worth the reward, and he put his finger to his lips as he motioned toward the door.

Sella responded with a blush, which he took for confirmation that she understood his intentions, and he winked conspiratorially as he slipped through the wall to wait. Moments later, Sella crept through a crack in the door and hurried to greet him on tip-toes. Signaling for her to stay quiet, Josef took her hand because he knew she enjoyed his touch, and he led her back to the pantry where they had begun their liaison.

Inside the cavernous space behind the palace kitchen, Josef took Sella into his arms and held her close, hoping to trigger a fond memory for her. His own version of comfort. This had her eyelids fluttering closed, and she dropped her head back as he sifted his fingers through her hair, relishing in the silky smoothness of the strands as they fell away.

A breathy sigh escaped Sella's throat as Josef lowered to kiss the round flesh above the bodice of her nightdress. She didn't refuse him, so he continued kissing across her bosom, lingering at her cleavage and dipping his tongue inside. This time, Sella moaned her appreciation, and Josef put his finger to his lips again.

Sella nodded as Josef led her to a corner where bags of flour had been stacked into a tidy pile, just waiting to be of service. He hoped his eagerness would not scare the nymph away, but his worries were unnecessary. Before he could lay Sella down, she slipped off her nightdress and crawled onto the sacks, greeting him with perky breasts and a coy smile. She was not a goddess, but the glowing life force she emitted mimicked her readiness as she let her legs fall open, and Josef descended upon her, happy to have been given such a welcome invitation.