Chapter 19- Gorilla Warfare

MacKenzie's POV

"Cisco, you gotta get in there, man." I hear Barry say as I crawl out of my vent to see Barry and Iris at the computers with Joe and Henry at the desk too. I watch the security feed from next to Barry and see Cisco get Caitlin. "Okay, you guys gotta get out of there."

"Harry's trapped. We can't leave him here. What do we do?" Cisco asks quickly through the comms.

"The drugs. The drugs that Grodd stole. Wells... an overdose of those drugs will shock his brain. Okay, just hit him with as much as you can." Barry says frantically.

"You are not him! You are not Father!" I hear Grodd yell from the screen.

"I am father." Harry says. "And you hit father. Grodd. Look at me. Look at me! I would never leave you here alone. Grodd, I made you a promise. I have bigger plans for you. Remember? One day, this city will be yours. I promised you. I intend to honor that promise." Harry stabs Grodd with something. "Go!" He yells.

Caitlin and Cisco and Harry make it out of there okay.

***

"Thank you." Harry says as Caitlin patches him up in the med bay. I sit on one of the beds and the others stand around the room as they talk.

"Thank you for rescuing me." Caitlin replies.

"Well, we're a team, right?" Harry says.

"I'm impressed." Barry says. "I think we all are."

"Yeah, well, we need to do something about Grodd." Joe says.

"Like what?" Caitlin asks.

"Like get rid of him for good." Joe says and I look over at him.

"You want to kill him?" Caitlin asks.

"Considering how many people he's killed, yeah." Joe says.

"This isn't Grodd's fault. He's only like this because Wells made him this way." Caitlin says.

"Yes, but, Cait, he kidnapped you and you could have died." Barry says.

"You didn't see what I saw." Caitlin says. "Grodd's getting smarter. He's lonely and sad. He wants more apes like him."

"What are you saying?" Cisco asks. "He wants kids? 'Cause I'm pretty sure one telepathic Grape Ape is more than enough for this city."

"I know somewhere we could send him." Harry says, putting a shirt on.

"What are you talking about?" Barry asks.

"When the singularity exploded and I discovered the breach in S.T.A.R. Labs, I ran similar tests and discovered the same thing, 51 additional breaches. The difference being the breaches in Central City are scattered all throughout the city whereas counterparts in my world most definitely are not." Harry says and we all follow him to the computer in the cortex.

"And you know where they lead?" Cisco asks.

"Well, I was in the process of figuring all that out when Dr. Snow so gallantly convinced me to stay, but if I am correct, this breach is gonna get Grodd as close to home as he's ever likely to get." Harry says.

"Okay, even if you're right, how do we bait Grodd to go through it?" Joe asks.

"My son'll do it. Won't you, Flash?" Henry says.

***

"Grodd?" Cailtin asks on the street, we watch the security footage in the cortex. Barry speeds in and takes Caitlin wehn Grodd shows up.