~Ruthless~ Chapter 1

This chapter was written by lickerfish

....

Red heels clicking against the stony pavement was the only hint of sound in the midst of the eerily silent crowd. Fear etched onto the hollow faces and bulging eyes of the poor as they handed their daily tax money to the Queen Sakura Miki. She wrinkled her button nose at the smell of sweat leaking from their bone protruding bodies as they blurred past the corners of her eye. Snapping her fingers she ordered her Royal Guard to shield her light coral eyes from the harsh sun rays by hovering a frilly black umbrella over her petite figure.

However, once the movement of her umbrella halted so did she.

"I'm sorry Queen Sakura Miki, I-I didn't get enough money this month" the peasant woman darted her eyes to the ground as she held out her empty palms. Sniffling heaved out of her son lingering next to her and he swiped a hand over his teary eyes.

A pout played on Sakura's crimson lips as her wispy lashes squinted down at the peasant woman begging right in front of her.

Trailing her delicate fingers across her neck she tossed her violet cape aside only to be quickly caught by her main royal guard Philip Reginald.

Using her hand to discreetly unravel her red Victorian dress upwards she took out a whip from her leg strap, smirking playfully as she traced it in the palm of her hands. Images of her mother, Diamond Miki ran through her mind, this was what she was trained to be. Unlike her caring mother, her father didn't have any time for Sakura.

However, Sakura quickly brushed aside those feelings stinging her heart.

A true Queen is always meant to rule alone anyways.

She yanked the woman by her brittle hair pushing her down to her knees. Curling her hand tighter around the whip, she lashed it against her bare back. Gulps plunged down the dry throats of the crowd with blood oozing forth from the tender wounds withering away the woman's skin.

Wails from the little boy heightened and he dashed to his mother sinking his head into her raggedy clothing.

"I'll deal with you later"

She tilted her head allowing her brunette hair to cascade to the side.

"Or would you like to play now?" she whipped the ground causing dirt to fly up and the little boy to jump back.

"Thought so" she smiled, gazing at him but once she caught the glimpse of a cloaked figure her jaw dropped.

Strands of raven hair blew out from the cloak and Sakura didn't even have to fully look at the persons face to recognise who it was. In an instant, she dropped her whip pushing past the crowd as she ran after the girl known as Aya Kamishiro standing on the burial statue of Exavier Kamishiro.

Childhood memories of them sprang back into her thoughts but once the smirk of Aya's father surfaced in her mind her head throbbed.

She had to get rid of him. She had no choice. The only way for a Queen to truly rule alone was to get rid of anyone standing in her way.

By whatever means possible.

Copyright © 2018 by LickerFish

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.