Stupid woman can't remember her own husband

"Wait, wait, wait….where are you taking me?" Ling Ling protested as she tried keeping up with Junjie's long strides.

She's tired of running, she'd been running since she got trapped in the spirit world and honestly could use a break from it.

Junjie paused and stared Ling Ling as he tried to come up with another word for home. Meaning his home. Their home.

His intention was to bring Ling Ling home. The safest place he could think off, and not anywhere else where all these goons can come after her.

"To the palace."

"Palace?" Ling Ling repeated, eyes widening. "Are you out of your mind? You cannot take me to the palace. It's not even anywhere near here."

"I'm not taking about the human palace, I'm talking about my palace."

"Your palace?" Ling Ling started laughing, "You? Don't tell me you have a palace?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. And it has a lot of guards and servants, I have a princess too."

"Wait," Ling Ling pulled her hand from Junjie's grip. "You're not taking me back to the spirit world, are you?" She demanded. After spending all night trying to escape that place, it would be the last place Ling Ling would want to come back to.

"You don't understand, Ling Ling. There are many spirits after you. That man Bolin is not in love with you. He was ordered by his great great grandfather to marry you for good reasons."

"What? What're you talking about? I've known Bolin since we were young."

"Yes, that's because he was planted by his family to get close to you." His eyes narrowed. Junjie was overwhelmed by sudden surge of competition. "Don't tell me you care for this man?"

Ling Ling grimaced. "What? Jealous of my own fiancée?"

I am your husband, woman!

"Can't be that good." Ling Ling continued. "I'm a peasant."

"In the human world, you are." Said Junjie anxiously. He shifted his head back and forth as he surveyed the area around them, looking for traces of Bolin and his goons behind them. "…But, in the spirit world, you are royal. You are my wife, Ling Ling." He breathed. "I am the prince, the ruler of the realm and you are my princess."

Her jaws dropped. She stared at Junjie stunned for a moment before tossing her head back in laugher. That has got to be the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard.

"A p-princess?" She laughed more.

Junjie gave her a dead pan look of annoyance. Patient as he may be, his own wife tends to get under his nerves from time to time and this is one of those time when he had to gather up his patience and bite his lip.

"Really? You're going to laugh at this now?"

Ling Ling wiped the tear from her eyes. "Sorry, I can't help it."