Stop feeding me, I don't want to eat

Ling Ling moaned and groaned restlessly tossing over in her bed. Her stomach grumbled and whined at her. She hasn't eaten in almost two days starving herself.

The trays of food laid untouched on her table. She had refused to eat them all, keeping in mind the spirit world food has the power to keep her trapped in their world forever.

The prince had been made aware of the situation and rushed to see Ling Ling in her bed chamber.

Junjie walked in inviting himself to Ling Ling's bedroom and stood just by the side of the bed. He couldn't see Ling Ling right now since she had drawn the cover over her head refusing to see or hear anyone's reasoning.

"What seems to be the problem here?" Asked Junjie, he'd been pulled away from his daily council meeting for this.

"Yes, my lord. Ling Ling seemed to think she's still alive and refused to eat anything." Murmured the maidservant who sat beside her.

"Is that so?"

Junjie darted his gaze over to Ling Ling who remained tucked beneath her sheet. He leaned over and tried to peel the cover off but Ling Ling fought to keep the blanket on her.

"I already told you, I can't eat it or else I'll get stuck in here!" Moaned Ling Ling from under the blanket.

Junjie grunted. "Nonsense, you're already dead. The food will not kill you again."

"No, you don't understand. I'm still alive in the human world."

He sucked a steadying breath, he needed to get back to his council meeting soon and Ling Ling was being stubborn like a three-year-old child.

"You're talking nonsense again."

He sat by her on the bed and start tugging on her shoulder wanting to see if he could convince her to at least take the cover off.

"I know, it's hard and you're still tying to hang on to your human life, but it's over. You're not going back. You're already in the spirit world, and humans..." He paused, trying to be considerate and soften his words. "Well, humans don't usually get to go back once they pass."

"No, you're the one who don't understand. How can I convince you I'm still alive? I can't eat your food here."

"Stop this, Ling Ling." Junjie's voice rose a few notches.

His dominance had no effect on Ling Ling.  Junjie might scare everyone in his palace but Ling Ling wasn't one of them. "I can't eat the food, don't make me eat the food."

"So, you're going to let yourself starve?"

"No."

"You're going to eat?"

"No."

"You're not making sense." Junjie breathed. "Which one is it?"

"No and no."

"Eat, Ling Ling. I can't let your spirit disintegrate on my watch. You'll disappear before you know it."

She moaned she was so weak she could hardly maintain an argument.

Junjie yanked the sheets from her while Ling Ling fought to keep it on her. It was no use.

She opened her mouth for a retort but Junjie was too fast that she hardly saw him moved, hardly saw him shoved a piece of fruit in her mouth, much like how he did when she first met him.