"Oh my god!" Piper gasped. "Your anniversary! I totally forgot."

"Will we do it on a cruise ship again?" Jay asked curiously.

"Well, no, your mom and I just want to have a getaway vacation this time," his father said. "We've always wanted to have a quiet time for once. I'm thinking of Fiji or Hawaii, but we haven't decided yet."

"And now I'm a bit worried about leaving you kids for a whole week," Aunt Vikki said.

"No, mom, don't be! We're old enough to take care of ourselves," Jay said with a puffed chest. "Remember that one summer you left to Florida and we didn't burn down the house or anything?"

I pushed my broccoli into my mouth as I listened to the conversation. The taste was a bit blunt for my liking.

"I'm just afraid when the cat is away, the mice will play," Aunt Vikki said.

"Geez, mom!" Jay groaned. "You need to quit using all that cheesy sayings!"

"I think you two should go. You deserve a break," Piper said in encouragement. "If there is anything wrong, I will hold Jason responsible."

"Hey!"

Robert chuckled and then looked at my aunt. I knew he was the first to give in.

"Maybe we should let them learn how to be independent, darling," he said. "Strict parents only produce rebellious kids."

"But honey, Nina just got here not that long. I don't think it's a good idea to leave her like that," she said. Suddenly, everyone's heads turned to me as if they just remembered I was there.

"Oh," I said. "Don't worry about me. I'm totally fine with that. Pyo—I meant my dad let me stay home by myself all the times."

"Yes, mom, she'll be with me all the time, anyway," Piper said. She was lying through her teeth.

Robert had a slight look of discomfort when he heard that, but only I noticed. I wondered if he was thinking I would be a bad influence to his daughter. Aunt Vikki seemed like she was in a deep thought. I kept my eyes on my hot buttery pasta.

"Oh and Nina can also come to the party with us," Jay said all of a sudden, making me look up from my plate. "So she won't get bored at home, you know."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but Jay pretended not to notice. After a long while later, Aunt Vikki nodded.

"Alright then," she said at last. "But you will have a lot of rules from me, are we clear?"

The twins nodded back, simply overjoyed.

After the meal, I went up to my room and started doing my homework. I finished an evolution paper for Bio II and a printed report for European History. Now I was trying to tackle five problems for my math homework. I thought that math was probably the reason why teens go into depression, but Mr. Oliveira made it funny. He talked about limits, logarithm, and linear like they were beautiful women. It was hard not to be inspired by his passion with math even it still frustrated me the way Allecra frustrated me.

Thinking about that one girl always made my heart beat a little faster, and I hated myself for that. Then I realized I had to write a diary entry for Mrs. Smith's class. I didn't know what to write about.

As I was thinking, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and found Jay standing there.

"Yes?" My tone was sharp, even I hadn't meant to.

Jay looked nervous. He scratched the back of his neck, but when he didn't say anything, I yanked the door to close.

"Nina, wait!" he said, stopping me. "I just want to talk to you about the whole party thing."