C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N *

Start from the beginning

I was suddenly bought down from my high when Anthony's fingers came to a halt. "Baby, why are you crying?" He asked forcing me to look down at him for once. He took that time to gently swipe my tears away only causing more to pour out right after. "We shouldnt be doing this right now, should we." He stated more than asked. "Angela you know im here for you. You could always tell me anything." He assured tucking my hair behind my ear causing me to shiver slightly.

Staring him right in the eye, i tried to prepare myself for the inevitable. just get it over with. "I dont know how to tell you this." I mumbled barely over a whisper.

"Im all ears." He recited with a faint smile. "Please just talk to me."

Taking a deep breath and clearing my throat i decided to get to it. "I know how he--" I stuttered attempting to gather my thoughts. "I did it. Its my fault... I k--"

The sound of his cell phone over on the night stand interupted my next words.

*

*

*

Anthony

I adjusted my tie one last time and gave my suit one last inspection before stepping away from the mirror. Although i was running on close to no sleep i had to get ready for the funeral.

"Where are you going this early?" Tracy asked coming behind me and wrapping her arms.

"I told you i had some business to take care of." I answered awkwardly removing her arms from me and facing her. "Tracy where are the clothes i gave you to sleep in?" I asked attempting to hide my irritation that she was in Angela's Tshirt. Well the shirt is mine but the only person who had been wearing it was Angela. Although Tracy was unaware of that i still found it completely rude.

"Please don't call me that." She demanded folding her arms across her chest, ignoring my previous question.

"Well that is your name isnt it? Or do you have any more alter egos i should know about?" I questioned with a raised eye brow. Remaining apathetic while her face went from innocence to guilty in a matter of seconds.

It was now a quarter after Eight which meant i had less than an hour to get to the funeral home on time for Seniors wake and i had no intentions on wasting any more time with Tracy and her games. It was bad enough shes been staying here and managed to pull me away from Angela two nights ago with her dramatic Antics.

Although i was all in with Angela and the bad blood between us, i couldnt bring myself to leave Tracy out on the streets if there was a possibilty that she was carrying my child. After just less than a week i was getting tired of looking at her, just looking at her was enough to upset my mood. As much as i wanted to be the good guy i was raised to be i couldnt, she took advantage of it once before it damn sure wouldnt be happening again. When this funeral business was all over i was going to pay off a room for her until we could get this paternity test shit over with.

"Baby whats wrong? you look stressed." She asked pressing her body up against my frame.

"Look, ill be back before five. Make sure youre packed and ready to go by then." I said creating space between us and headed right out the door leaving her to argue with herself.

Of course when i tried Angela' phone i got the voicemail like always. I know she had been going through a difficult time but i hated that she was pushing me away. We both knew i wasnt fond of Sr. but that didnt mean i wouldnt be there to consol the woman i love. Before Tracy rudely interupted us a few nights ago with her annoying disturbance i was so close to getting Angela to let her guard down. The only way she had allowed me to comfort her was sexually so imagine my hope when i thought she was finally ready to pour out her emotions to me. Once i got Tracy out my place i was going to assure Angela that she could indeed do that, without her fear or any unecessary interuptions.