It was our spot, the place we first met.

I sat on the banks, waiting his arrival for our date. I recalled the how we used to spend more time together right here, sitting on this bench.
Two young kids in love but right now, I have to admit that things have changed.

I twiddled my fingers nervously, feeling a bubble of excitement in my gut, I wondered what he planned for our date.

His dates were exuberant, expensive, romantic with a bouquet of roses to go along with it, those were the usual dates I went on with him.

The vibration of my phone snapped me out of my daydream. My eyes sparkled at the sight of Flynn's name appearing on the screen. However, that speck of sparkle in my eyes disappeared like thin air upon reading the message.

"Sorry babe, I can't make it for today's date with you. I'll make it up to you, how about we go out tomorrow?" I mumbled out the message, my eyes began to turn glossy.

I couldn't believe it, I just got stood up by my own boyfriend. How could he just bail on me when he was the one who suggested to go on a date with me?

I felt cheated, embarrassed, like a complete idiot. I felt like pulling my hair, screaming into my pillow or even stabbing myself for getting all dressed up.

One thing for sure, I needed alcohol.

To be very honest, I never drank alcohol but it seemed like one of the common solution for people who felt frustrated, so maybe I should try it?

I'm definitely not going to face my brother, I would look so pathetic and I didn't feel like bruising my ego tonight.

I didn't bother answering Flynn's text and instead stuffed my phone into my purse.

Now where's the nearest place to get some alcohol into my blood? I scanned my surroundings, remembering the convenient store a few blocks away.

Without further hesitation, I brisk walked towards that direction, feeling slightly vulnerable standing along the dark street.

My eyes wrinkled at the sight of the lighted convenient store which seemed empty. With only a young man attending at the counter, I casually took a bottle of beer before placing the cash on the counter top.

"Erm..I would your ID?"

" Oh come on, I'm sure you can let this slide.." I pleaded sheepishly.

"Sorry I can't do th--" a familiar voice interrupted the young man at the cashier.

"Here, I'll pay for the lady." My eyes trailed up to his copper brown eyes.
He slid an ID across the counter, grabbing the beer bottle.

Heading to the back of the store, he sat by the corner. I could only stand there with my jaw dropped.

"You might wanna close those lips of yours, before I do." He spoke in a husky voice.

"Tristen..." I trailed.

" Come on, take a seat next to me." He tapped the concrete floor beside him.

I grinned, sitting beside him-- leaving a small gap between us.
" That ID is definitely fake." I whispered out, keeping my voice low.

The corners of his mouth turned up, "Just drink." He passed the bottle over to me, trying to douge the question.

Taking a huge gulp, I coughed out with a smile at the sight of Tristen pulling the bottle away from my lips in panic.

" Calm down Rapunzel, I think that's enough." He gave me a lopsided grin.

I nodded in agreement, blinking my eyes a couple of times. Tristen placed his hands behind his neck, slouching against the glass door.

" So what you doing here? I thought you were going to have a date with Flynn?" Tristen had his eyes on the ceiling, while I was trying to fight back my tears.

" How did you even know we were going to have a date?" I countered back, recalling that Flynn and I were the only ones in the hallway.

" I have my ways," he winked over at me. Was he there? Did he hear me protecting him against Flynn? Is that why he's so friendly with me? God, this is boy is a mystery.

"Flynn...bailed on me." I whispered out, letting a few tears roll down my cheeks.

Hearing my voice break, Tristen slung his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close in his embrace.

With my head snuggled into the crook of his neck, he placed a kiss on my forehead, playing with my hair.

" He stood you up? What a dick, now he's as bad as I am." I interrupted him.

" How so?"

" I yelled at you, slept with half of the girls in the neighbourhood, made you my slave...the list goes on." He spoke in a sing-song tone which made me giggle out in agreement.

"Flynn is equivalent to me, you know? He just ditched a date with a beautiful girl and made her cry, what could possibly be worse?" Tristen mocked, casting me one of his devilishly handsome smirks.

" I still think you're worse though," I teased.

" Well then it's a good thing I'm a bad boy, don't blame me it's what I do best." He shrugged, leaning his head on mine.

We sat there in comfortable silence, just hearing each other's calm breathing.

"Why are you here?" It was now my turn to ask.

He remained quiet, his eyes flickering with emotion while pursing is lips. From the looks of it, it felt like he was fighting some sort of dilemma within him.

He finally stood up, his eyes blazing with a emotion I couldn't quite put a finger at. Stretching out his hand to me, he gave off a vulnerable vibe.

" Willow, I want to show you something."