And then it hit me! I'd been playing them both at the same time! Luke and Aaron. I hadn't meant to but that didn't change the fact that I had. I had moments with Aaron, pretending it was nothing, went out with Luke a few times and wanted something to happen there, found out he was not what he made out to be, dismissed that, and now I expected Aaron to except me when I went crawling to him! What kind of person am I? I didn't stop to think about Aaron's feelings in any of this! To be fair I couldn't care any less about Luke but I cared for Aaron and I can't believe I used him like that and hadn't even though about his feelings. But he's a guy, did he care? Ugh.

I didn't realise I had zoned out until Brooke was standing a foot away from me and snapping her fingers in my face to get my attention. "Eb, what are you thinking about so much that it is more important than my presence?" she laughed lightly but looked at me concerned when I gave her my best 'shut your face' look. "What are you thinking about?" should I tell her? I mean she's my best friend and she would listen but would she understand? She pulled me towards my bed and sat next to me. "Come on, you can talk to me."

What the hell, it was just Brooke. So I told her everything and also what happened last night with Aaron and how I felt towards that whilst she sat patiently and didn't mutter a word until I was finished the whole story. "I see." long pause, "I don't really know what to say to you. I guess you'll have to figure out your feelings by yourself."

I sighed and looked down at my feet which didn't quite reach the ground because I was so small. "I guess. So what's going on in your life? Tell me some good news."

Her face brightened and I smiled to myself because I could see she had some genuine good news to share with me and that made me happy. "Well, I actually have good news to tell you! After me working at that stupid job for a few weeks, we actually got enough money to kind of cover the debt. Not completely, but a couple of my aunts chipped in so I get to quit the job and my mum only needs to do a few more extra shifts until it's completely out of the way! I feel so bad though, if I hadn't been so careless with money we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with."

"It's not your fault." I said honestly. It wasn't! It was her stupid dad's fault. If he hadn't left her with nothing, Patty would have felt the need to give her something and pretend it was from her dad.

"You're just saying that because you feel guilty for not stopping me buying things on every shopping trip we went on." She smirked a little and I could tell she was joking.

Come to think of it, she only ever used that card whenever she was shopping with me. There's another thing I get to feel guilty about. Wooo! Go Ebbs. "True. I do feel sorry about that. I could've stopped you."

"I was kidding, you know." She looked at me sincerely. "It's my fault. But who cares, it's almost over now anyway." She nodded thoughtfully. "Hey, you know, we should have a party soon."

"None of our birthdays are until next year but."

"So? It can be a 'just for' party."

"I don't know about that.." It wasn't such a good idea. My dad would never let me have it here although my mum probably would if my dad wasn't here, but I wasn't saying that. And we couldn't have it at Brooke's - her mum would flip.

"Fine!" she sighed. "What about if we go away for a bit?"

"Did you forget that both of us are skint?" duh.

"True. What about Peyton's uncle's lake house then? We could ask and all go as a big group."

I thought about it for a moment. Going away with all our friends would be a good thing. Hopefully Brooke wouldn't invite all of her snobby cheerleading friends. Too much girly-girls were too much to handle at any one time. "When will we go though?"