Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After we were both all done up and ready to leave, we headed down stairs in search of Patty. Brooke wanted her mum to snap a quick picture of herself and I, to be added to the collection on her mirror.

"Mum!" Brooke called.

"I'm in the kitchen." she replied, sounding a little bored.

"We're heading out tonight, and coming back here. we won't be late but I have a key so don't wait up." she began explaining. "Would you mind taking a quick picture of us before we go?"

Patty took the camera from her daughter's grasp and flicked her hand, gesturing for us to move back a little and prepare for the picture. We smiled and the camera flashed.

Patty handed back the camera and added "have a great night. don't get extremely drunk, I like my new carpets!"

Brooke sighed when her mm walked away and pressed a button for us to see the picture of us both. I looked so washed out next to Brooke. she was so beautiful but she had definitely done a good job with my hair and makeup. As promised, she styled my hair in loose curls and very loosely added a silver kirby grip to hold back my fringe but it still hung over my face and swept up towards my ear. my makeup was all natural looking and she had added a smoky eye style to make me look a little more like going to a party and a soft nude lip gloss. My playsuit fit perfectly and I felt really comfortable wearing it, although it was a little short.

Brooke had found a lovely nude coloured dress and swede nude heels to go with it. The dress was simple and bat winged, with a tier coming from her hips and tied at the small of her back. It was stunning! Her dark brown hair was loosely curled and hung in random directions.

She phoned a taxi and it came quick, allowing us to arrive at this dreaded party a few minutes earlier than I hoped for.

Everyone from school was here, laughing, drinking and having a good time. As I looked at them all, I really hoped I could just blend in tonight and have a great time, an ignore the fact that Alexandra The Bitch was hosting this party.

"I'm going to get us a drink, Peyton and Jason are over in the corner." Brooke said over the music.

I nodded and walked over to them, who were staring into each others eyes and laughing, Peyton with her back against a wall. They looked so cute, and I really didn't want to interrupt them.

I approached them hastily, hoping they would notice me before I was standing right between them, and luckily Peyton did, and waved me over.

"Eboni! Gosh, you look beautiful!" She said.

"Hey." Jason sighed, looking content being here with his girlfriend.

"Hey!" I replied, trying my best to sound 'chirpy'. "And look at you, Peyton, you look gorgeous!"

She was wearing a red strapless dress, which looked folded at the top, and on one side had a few silver sequins in a side on semi-circle, trailing from mid-rib to the top of her hip. She had on a pair of red think heeled stilettos to match her dress and her hair was straight, and feathered into her face.

"Uh, thanks." She blushed a little and a smile brushed across Jason's face. He kissed her cheek but lingered his lips before pulling away and swiftly kissing her lips. I was so jealous of how cute they were!

I felt a little awkward, with them having a moment, so made an excuse that I was going to help Brooke with drinks. Instead, I wandered about, looking for anyone I knew well who I could talk to.

I saw Luke after a short few minutes but he had his back to me. I was going to go over and try talk to him but quickly, a female hand wound around the back of his neck. Why did he have to be so hot and have all the female population after him!? I wasn't sure if they kissed, I sighed and walked away.