Chapter 14

so this is chapter 14!! Wow!

Okay, so I know I've not being updating regularly, but I've just been so busy!

Also, this chapter really should be part of chapter 13, but I didn't want to drag it on for too long!

Hope you enjoy! Comment, FAN, vote! xx

Chapter 14

For the second time today, I woke up surrounded by a strange smell. This was the kind that wasn't able to be identified as just one scent. It was a mixture of aftershave, sweat, takeout food and probably a hint of alcohol. Oddly enough, it was familiar to me, and I had straight away concluded I had been in this room before I even opened my eyes.

The surroundings were much like the smells: pizza boxes, aftershave bottles and deodorant cans, stinky socks and old beer bottles piled up at the side of the computer desk. It took me a few minutes after propping myself up on my elbows to realise I was lying in Aaron's bed in his room fully dressed.

The bedroom door was slightly ajar, but Aaron was nowhere in sight. Had I fallen asleep in his shed on his lap? How did I even get up here? Did that mean everyone was home if he managed to unlock the door?

I wasn't sure, but I creeped out from under the covers and made my way back downstairs. I must look a complete mess since I was still wearing my party clothes from the night before.

A strong mixture of different smells hit me from the bottom of the stairs, and all of a sudden my stomach growled something awful! I forgot I hadn't eaten since yesterday. What time was it, even?

In the kitchen, aaron was standing over the stove with his earphones in and swinging his butt from side to side, probably to the music. His facial expression was distorted and he looked crazy, mouthing the words to whatever song he was singing. And he looked like such a girl, completely lost in the music. Priceless! So there's me being me, a guy with earphones in not paying attention and he wasn't holding anything sharp.. The last one wasn't really a point, but hey, he could be holding a knife!

So.. I sneaked up behind him - not like he would notice even if i jumped up to him loudly - until I was hidden and nowhere in his peripheral vision. I slowly raised my hands to his head just waiting for the right moment to pull out his earphones and scream in his ear to scare the life out of him, but I was grabbed by the waste and spun and threw downwards but I was still steady with a strong grasp around me. Aaron was towering over me and holding my entire weight while my back was arched and my head inches from the floor, kind of like the end potion for salsa dancing or something. I can imagine my facial expression being shocked and wondering, but it's not something you think about when you were grabbed unexpectedly.

A smile spread across his face as he popped out his earphones at let them drop. He stared down at me not saying a word and looking very pleased with himself. So damn cocky!!!

"Oh, yeah, you should be very pleased with yourself!" I snorted, my voice thick with sarcasm. "Put me down jerk!"

"You want down?" he asked, amusement clear on his face.

"Just put me down, you ass!"

"Okay." he shrugged but let go of me and just as I nearly fell he clasped his hands again behind my waste and I gasped. "You don't really want down, do you?"

"I hate you. And you're so full of yourself!"

"I know I am, and you know as well as I do that you don't hate me. You love me." all this time, the smirk remained plastered across his face.

"Is that what you say to all the girls?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

That must have got to him, because he pulled me up and turned back to the stove, saying "I told you, I'm not what everyone thinks I am." whilst facing the other direction.

I felt bad for that. Maybe he was gay, and he just didn't want to tell me. Or maybe he'd softened. Both of these ideas were entirely ridiculous, but Aaron cooper had definitely not softened. He had to be there. Or I hoped..

"Hey, what's wrong?" I took a few steps closer so we were standing side by side.

"Nothing at all. Why'd you ask?" he still wouldn't look at me and his tone had dropped. There was something wrong, but I didn't want to pressure him.

"Okay.. So what are cooking? Smells good."

He sounded appreciative for the change of subject. "oh, it's pasta with a homemade tomato sauce. It does smell good if I say so myself."

I laughed lightly. "what time is it?"

"4:30. God, I thought you were dead for a while!"

I laughed again. "how did I get in your bed exactly?" I raised an eyebrow, teasing him and trying to turn the conversation a little lighter.

"Guess you'll never know." he replied, turning to smile at me. I elbowed him softly in the ribs. "Ow! I carried you, obviously!"

"okay okay, keep your panties on! So did your mum come home?"

"Nope, just us. You afraid I'll kidnap you?"

"I always do wonder about you. No, I'm kidding. How did you get in, exactly?"

A red colour faded his cheeks and he bit his lip. DID AARON JUST BLUSH? DID AARON FRIKKING COOPER JUST BLUSH!?!?

"Are you blushing?" I couldn't help myself and had to ask.

"What? No!"

"Sooo..?"

"it was in the leather jacket you wear wearing, I guess I shoved it in the pocket when you went upstairs the first time."

What? Is he being serious? He made me sit on his lap and he put me sleeping in his bed, threw me over his shoulder and fell on top of me, all when he knew the key was in his jacket!?

"Are you being serious?" I hoped my death glare made him scared. Very scared.

"Calm down. I just wanted to spend some time with you just as friends. Just to talk!"

I don't know why I was mad, because that was undoubtedly the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me and it honestly warmed my heart hearing that. Especially from mr tough guy.

"You.." I began. "I cant even think of a name horrible enough to call you!"

"Aw, don't be annoyed. I'm even cooking you breakfast, lunch and dinner in the one, so stay if you're hungry. Please." He stared down at me with those big puppy dog eyes which made him look so adorable and I just couldn't resist him.

"well.. I am pretty hungry.." I also had no key to my home no-one was in but hey ho..

"Good! Sit down, this is ready."

I sat down at the table and he followed me a few seconds later and sat across from me, placing two plates of pasta with tomato sauce in front of us.

At the very top of each mountain of food was a smiley face made with basil. I smiled at how cute it was before putting on a serious face and pretend to be angry. "I'm still mad at you." I dug into my food.

"But you'll forgive me."

"No I won't."

"You're a pushover when it comes to friends. And you love me. And you're a very bad prankster, you know."

"oh no! I'm a brilliant prankster!" I let the other two slide, since he had been a really good friend to me over the past few days, and although I hated him a lot sometimes, I did love him. As a friend.

I stayed over for a few more hours and we just talked at his dining table. The food was brilliant and we both helped ourselves to seconds until we were bursting. We chilled for a bit and talked about music and movies like two normal friends, and he didn't try to noise me up or make silly comments - which was good.

When I left, he said a quick 'bye' and 'sorry' and I went to my own house to be interrogated my mum and dad about the weekend, as usual. After convincing them I wasn't drunk, stoned or pregnant, I showered and got settled down to catch up on homework.