Chapter 37- Faye | Houston, We Have A Problem

Start from the beginning

Alexander Banks stood tall enough to block the little sun that peaked through from the open door and as Faye lifted her head to see him through the mess of her hair, she stole a glance at the lock on the door. She had forgotten to lock it. She never forgets to lock doors. 

Her heart started pounding through her ears and all the blood rushed to her face. See, the thing about panic attacks is that you can feel them coming. They work something like a virus put on 10x speed. It starts with your heart, Faye could feel the rapid movements of the organ as it tried to break free from its cage of bones. It then courses through to your veins, and once the virus enters your bloodstream - there is nothing you can do to stop it because blood flows everywhere in your body. 

Her eyes felt prickling, but she saw Alex move so her head whipped to his direction. It was like slow motion. He backtracked out the door and shut the door behind him. 

"Lock it, Faye" his murmur could be heard through the wood. He knew. 

Faye shook herself back into sanity and jumped down from where she was sitting on the suitcase. She made her way to the door and looked down at the key in the door handle. 

Funny, how she wished that night years ago the same could have happened. If he has stayed behind a couple more hours, maybe she would have remembered to lock the damn door. 

She moved her fingers to touch the cold metal of the key and turned it clockwise to switch the lock into place. As soon as the final click terminated, Faye jumped at the knock that came from across the door. 

She couldn't help but smile at how silly all of this was. Alex knocked three times in succession, and at the third knock he called out for her to open the door. His voice felt like honey trickling down her skin, and she didn't realize just how much she missed talking to him until that moment. As she opened the door for him and looked up at him through her lashes, she remembered what Jonathan had said. 

Maybe she misjudged the situation.... but either way, what she saw with him and Marie held more than what was on the surface and Alex should have told her about it beforehand. Faye had just began to trust him and within weeks of gaining that trust, he held another girl in his arms. 

Faye moved out of the way and made her way back to sitting on the pathetic piece of shit that she planned to lug all the way to Mexico. She started from the beginning and pulled on the zipper with an effort to make it all the way. She heard a cough come from where Alex was standing and her body shivered when she felt him walk closer to where she was. 

"Laissez-moi vous aider" he spoke smoothly, and Faye shut her eyes to the french that had soon become better than any other language in the world, as long as it came out of his mouth. (Let me help you) 

Alex moved so that her knees were just touching his waist and the bed dipped when he placed his hands on either side of Faye's body. The suitcase sunk lower down and that brought Faye's eyes perfectly to Alex's. They were a breath away and both of them knew it. 

Alex's eyes glanced from her eyes down to the curve of her lips. Biting his bottom lip, his eyes looked sad, like he was in pain. He coughed, moved away and broke the trance that they were both in. Putting distance between them felt much like stabbing herself in the stomach, Faye thought. 

He reached behind Faye for the zipper and his arm brushed hers in the midst of him pulling the zipper around the corner of the suitcase. Faye gasped at the sudden contact that she hadn't felt in what was forever in her mind and her mind immediately went back to what they did on the floor. She swallowed a breath, closed her eyes and focused on getting her heartbeat back to the standard beats per minute. 

When she opened her eyes, she looked up to see Alex looking at her. Except he wasn't looking at her, it felt like he was memorizing every single aspect about her like he always does when he stares. Faye felt like an open body and the one person that held the eyes to see through her, in her and about her was the guy standing before her. 

"Faye, I" his voice came out hoarse and unrehearsed. The roughness went straight to Faye's stomach and she felt the heat simmer south to her panties. He couldn't stop looking at her, all the while she was sitting on her damn suitcase that needed to be closed but that was the last thing she wanted him to do at that point. 

"You don't have to explain, Alex" she breathed into the space between them. "I already know" 

How she managed a coherent sentence without stuttering was beneath her, but it seemed like this camp. This place, whatever magic it held and the people that she befriended within it brought her something that was different. So she felt different. 

Alex could see that change and a smile tried to make its way out on the corner of his mouth. He looked proud, like she was his best friend and she had just came first in a race. The smile slowly dissipated as he looked longingly back at her lips and then his sight travelled down to her neck and collar. He closed his eyes before they could go anywhere else. 

Just before he was going to open his eyes and repeat what he has been practicing in his head for the past week - all the apologies and the explanations and how he wanted her. No, needed her in his life. He felt lips press softly against his and heaven opened out. 

-----------------------------------

Vote

Fan

Comment

And

Follow

Lots of love,

Kitkat