First project and change of sitting arrangement

Three days later we were assigned a project

Three days later we were assigned a project. It was our Biology class. Our teacher, Mrs Robbins Retina told us that we are going to have a group project and depending on this project, science fair team would be selected. There are some rules. 

1) Each group must have four people, no more no less. 2 boys and 2 girls. 

2)The team captains must choose the team members 

3)The team members should sit together in class for the next 1 month (she thinks then there would be less chaos in the class) 

4)All the plans should only be among the group members. One group should not know the plans of other group. (This would prevent copying) If necessary then the members should meet in other places to do the project apart from school.

Taffy and me were selected as the captains. (We told miss we will be together).When Nikota saw me, he begged me to take him in my group where Taffy is. So I chose him. When I was going to choose the second member, Principal Maria entered our class and introduced the class with the newbie.

This boy was called Adrien Agreste (fun fact : I took the name from Miraculous ladybug ,this is the name of  the hero/Catnoir) 

This boy was very tall and fair. He had messy black hair falling over his hazel coloured eyes.It looked like he just had his shower. There was a huge smile on his face.He was not wearing his school uniform I guessed  because he did not have one yet. When I was thinking all this, our teacher told Toff to get up and sit infront of me,beside Nikota (I bet it was the best day of his life) and then gestured Adrien to sit beside me. Not only that, she said Adrien is in our group. I stared at Adrien.He was smirking 

 What just happened?🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️