Sitting arrangements

"Today, starts a new year, a new class and a new beginning"  

This is how my day started. I knew it. Everyone knew it. It was a not something new. Every year started with these introductory lines of our principal Mrs Elise. What I didn't know was that "Today I will start an experience of something which I never felt , today is a day which will leave a permanent mark in my memories. From today I will discover a new kind of feeling"

Just like each and every year as soon as we went to school, our school Hitler, Ms Bianca welcomed us with a sarcastic grin. She said "My dear little drama monkeys, go and make a line. We will begin our school year with some march-past and off course for you guys being the seniors, you guys will do 6 rounds"

My classmates grumbled but we had to do whatever she said because we all had the experience of messing with her and all knew that it won't have good results.This was the first bad news.

The second bad news came when we entered our class.The first thing we noticed was the change. Our class students were changed. Each class in our school have three sections. All these years there were the same people in each section.However this time, our school authority decided to jumble up the students. Therefore we ended up with people who were almost like strangers.

I was very pissed off. I had all my friends in other sections except Tiffany ( I call her Toffee). She was one of my good friends but not closest. Finding her, the only known face I went to sit beside her but right then Ms Laura (our new class teacher) entered the class and gave the  third bad news which I now think was the best news of class 8. She said we have to sit according to the sitting arrangement. I was so angry that I cursed her in my mind. But RULES are RULES. I had to sit beside anyone she set me off with but I prayed that I was close to Toffee. I think God heard my prayer. According to the sitting arrangement, my seat was the window side seat, second last bench. In front of me was Toffee's seat and beside me......