Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"I'll have a water with lemon." Tori said with a smile.

"A pink lemonade for me." She nodded and wrote it down.

"I'll have those out for you shortly." Crystal smiled at us before leaving to get our drinks.

I smiled at our near empty surroundings before looking back at Tori, only to find her already looking at me.

"What?" I asked with a confused chuckle. She shook her head and looked down at the menu.

"Nothing." She smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows as I took my turn to sweep over her features. There was no doubt about it that she was beautiful. Her blonde curly hair was everywhere but it worked for her. And the small mole on her right eyebrow was a perfect imperfection. She looked up with pursed lips as she now caught me staring. "What?" She asked.

I smirked and looked down at my menu. "Nothing."

"Here are your drinks. Are you guys ready to order or do you need more time?" Crystal said as she set our drinks down.

"I already know what I want. I'll get the grand slam, scrambled eggs and bacon." She nodded and wrote it down.

Tori hummed as she closed the menu. "I'll get the house omelette with no green peppers."

"Ok, let me take these out of your way." She grabbed our menus and walked away.

I looked up from my hands and Tori had her hands under her chin as she continued to stare at me.

"What is it?" I laughed and sat back.

"Nothing." She replied shaking her head.

"Are we just going to keep going back and forth until one of us breaks?" I asked with a small smirk.

She shrugged and intertwined her hands on the table.

"I'm not breaking."

I raised an eyebrow at her words. "Oh really?" She nodded and shrugged again. I breathed out a short chuckle through my nose and leaned my head against my hand.

I saw a faint flash in the corner of my eye but Tori and I held eye contact for no apparent reason.

"You're pretty." I whispered. Her cheeks slowly warmed up but she still didn't look away.

"Thank you. I love your tattoos." I hummed in response, resisting the urge to look elsewhere.

"Thanks. I have a question." She nodded me to continue. "Do you ever stop smiling? It hurts how perfect your smile is."

She smiled widely and ducked her head.

I nodded to myself. I won.

"That doesn't count. You cheated." She pouted and looked back up.

"What? How? And I was being serious. You don't stop smiling for two seconds." I brought the straw to my lips as I sipped my lemonade.

She quickly tried to drop her smile as she bit the inside of her cheeks, making her look like a fish.   

I quickly covered my mouth as I laughed with lemonade still in my mouth. 

"Oh, my God." I shook my head and wiped my hand on a napkin. "Dont ever do that." She giggled and used a napkin to wipe the excess drink on the table.

"On a serious note, are you feeling any better?" She asked as she crumbled up the napkin.

I sighed and shrugged lightly.

"I mean, a little. We talked a bit last week but thats all." She nodded and leaned her elbows on the table. "I miss her a lot but I know if I get back with her, I would always be worried and questioning her whereouts and who she was with. That wouldn't be fair to either of us."