Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go

Start from the beginning

Just as I was about to leave I looked around my perfumes to see which one was just the right one to spray on for the occasion. If by any chance I end up bumping into James I wanted him to see what he was walking away from. I noticed a small box of perfume hidden all the way in the back of the shelf where I place them. I didn't recognize the box nor the perfume but it seemed expensive. The label read 'EAU DE PARFUM VII L'HEURE DÉFENDUE' the entire bottle looked fancy. I stood still looking at the perfume. Puzzled as to why I had it and where it came from to begin with. The box fell from my hand exposing a small note that fell from inside it. I picked up the piece of paper and noticed there was cursive writing on it that read 'Life Circumstances Led Our Love Shift Different Ways. Still I'll Love You No Matter What. Every time I Smell This Scent I Think Of You. My Ray Of Sunlight. With Much Love'. The last part of the note was torn. So I couldn't see who signed it. I was not sure if this luxury perfume along with that beautiful touching note belonged to me or my mother.

My deep thoughts were interrupted by the screaming of Ashanti and Amy. Spraying a couple of that intensifying beautiful smell I quickly placed the bottle of perfume back inside its box and left outside. As soon as they saw me they dropped their mouth opened in both shock and amazement. Ashanti began to whistle as she twirled me around while Amy clapped and laughed. "Okay okay that's enough..Let's go" I said to them. We walked down the driveway to a cab that was waiting for us. As they got inside the back seat I noticed from the corner of my eye a person standing by another car. I turned around to look and saw James with an angry face expression. His eyes glared at me as he checked me out from head to toe. I could see the disapproval in his stare and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I smiled at him and got inside the car as the driver drove off. I turned back and noticed he wasn't there anymore. I figured he didn't care enough to try and stop me from going out. Although I got happy to see how mad he got it also saddened me to know with certainty I no longer mattered to him enough to come after me.

As soon as we entered the bar we had guys try and talk to us from left and right. Ashanti being her crazy-self hooked up with a Cuban hottie but not after talking to the bartender. I guess he was her hook up. Amy and I stayed at the bar having a couple of drinks. I still couldn't shake off the empty feeling inside me. I noticed sexy guys everywhere acknowledging me and approaching us. I didn't have to think twice about it. I dodged all of them. All I wanted to do was drink my pain away. Forgetting about James was my target. My mission were the tequila shots I was taking.

Jazmin- Hit me with another one!

Amy- Are you sure you want to drink more Jaz?

Jazmin- Hey you girls brought me out here to drink right?..So let's do this!..

Amy- Jaz I don't know about this anymore..

Ashanti- Hey what's going on?..Why aren't y'all shaking your booties out there!

Amy- Jaz wants to just drink...

Ashanti- Girl you need to hook up with someone!! Fuck whatever his name is because I'm too drunk to remember! Haha

Jazmin- (I grabbed a vodka bottle the bartender had and took it with me to the dance floor as my girls followed)...Alright well here is to all the best fucking nights I had with him! And here's to all the fucking best nights imma still have without his ass!!!

Ashanti- Woo!! I'll drink to that!