Chapter 34

"Ben! I'm pregnant!" Mal shouted over the talking and the music. 

Everything stopped. And I mean everything. The music, the talking, the laughing. There was complete silence. Everyone stared at Mal as Ben walked over to her.

"Are you serious?" Ben asked his eyes wide. 

Mal nodded. "That's what I've been trying to tell you," She said smiling with tears in her eyes. "I'm pregnant Ben, I'm pregnant," she said and hugged him. He hugged her back and twirled her around. Everyone started cheering and clapping. 

"Congratulations!" They heard people shouting. Ben and Mal smiled and he stopped twirling her.

"Truly and honestly?" Ben asked when he put her down.

"Truly and honestly," Mal nodded and wiped her eyes.

"I'm so happy! How far along are you?" 

"Almost thirteen weeks."

"How did I not notice before now?"

"Well, you were quite busy Mr. Bun."

"Oh! That's what you were trying to tell me in the kitchen."

"Well, one of the things....."

"What's the other thing?"

"It's twins," Mal whispered before walking over to Evie and Lonnie. Ben's eyes widened and he froze.

"What'd you tell him?" Lonnie asked.

"That he's gonna be a dad twice."

"You're having twins?" Jay asked and Mal nodded. 

"I didn't know he had it in him," Carlos shook his head.

"I didn't know you had it in you," Jay pushed Carlos away. The girls laughed.

"Congratulations sweetheart, we're so happy for you," Belle and Beast came over to hug Mal. 

"Will Ben be okay?" Jane asked.

"He'll be fine," Mal nodded.

"Why did he faint?" Adam asked.

"Because you're not having just one, but two grandbabies."

"Are you serious?!" Belle squealed and hugged Mal even tighter. "No wonder you were so sick. I told you she was pregnant!" She hit Adam on the arm.

"Yes, you did," Adam smiled at his wife. 

"This is so exciting! Did you go for an ultrasound already?" Belle started talking to Mal as they walked.

Adam smiled at his family and walked over to Ben. "Good job son."

"She's having twins dad," Ben said freaking out.

"I know. And I know you're scared. But it will be okay."

Ben sighed and nodded. "Besides, she's in good hands. You'd almost think that your mother was having the babies," Adam said as they watched the two girls talk and hug some more as people came over and congratulated them.

"That's my wife...." Ben said. "And my kids....."

"Yup," Adam said.

"I'm gonna screw up their lives so badly."

"Trust me, I said that exact same thing. And yet, I think you turned out pretty well," Adam said. "You guys will do great."

The ball continued and everyone seemed in a better mood after the announcement. Everyone, but the shadowy figure outside.

"So.... They think this will be happily ever after?" The figure asked before disappearing.