"Why do you say that?" She asked me.

Why do I say that? Why do I say that? Because you basically ingrained that into my memory. Don't you remember?

"When I was five. Two weeks before you and dad decided on getting a divorce you told me to never fall in love."

"I did?" My mom asked confused.

"Yeah. You don't remember saying that?"

She shook her head back and forth and I sighed.

"Rowan. He sounds like a wonderful guy why don't you go out with him? Has he hinted at it?"

"No, he's spoke it very clearly." I said answering her question.

She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Then give it a chance. Don't let my words, that hell, I don't even remember, ruin this for you. Like I said, he seems great and sounds like he cares from what you've only told me so far. I would give it a chance." She said to me with a smile.

She had said those haunting words that I had lived by for thirteen years, possibly in a drunken sadness. I smiled back at her and then we went out for lunch at an Irish pub and lunch and dinner restaurant.

ƱƱƱ

Alexei's P.O.V.

I want her to have a little faith in me. In faith that we could be something. She's so closed off and insecure but when we first met she spoke out to me. She was different than everyone else. And when her father hit her I wanted to kill him, drunk or not.

Rowan. When she spoke her name it gave me goose bumps. It was so unique and beautiful. I wanted to get to know her better and I had. She loved Thirty Seconds to Mars, her parents were divorced, she was sassy when she needed to be and shy at other times, had a great personality, and although she didn't wear very bright colors she still gleamed brightness when she smiled. Even when she punched me in the chest she cared and I cared about her. I wanted to try this thing we have between each other. But she didn't. I wanted her to know I was willing to try. That even if it didn't work I'd still be there for her. That was her only flaw was that she didn't think she was worth it.

"No. No you don't." She said to me then hung up.

She thought she was a mess? Hell, I was a mess. I stayed up every fucking night thinking about how amazing she was. How she made me want to be a better person.

I wanted to throw my phone so bad when she hung up.

"God damn." I said sitting down by the pine tree and putting my head in my hand.

"Alex?" Carrie asked from a distance.

It's Alexei, I thought to myself. Everyone here besides the teachers and Rowan called me Alex and I honestly hate it. It would be like me calling Carrie, Car or John, Jo.

I lifted my head up to her brown eyes right in front of mine. Jesus, can't she give me some room.

"You alright Alex?" She asked me.

"I'm fine Carrie." I said to her standing up.

"Well after school we're having a small party. Wanna come?" she said overly excited.

"Um. Sorry I can't." I said scratching the back of my neck.

She pouted, her bottom lip making an appearance.

"Please?" She said getting closer to me making me uncomfortable.

"No Carrie." I said walking past her leaving her standing there.

I walked back into the school and made my way to the next class. Where was Rowan? I hadn't seen her at lunch so maybe she was avoiding me. I was excited for the next class because she was in it with me so I hurried to it.

Everyone started to pile in but Rowan was nowhere. I walked up to Mrs. Castwell and asked her if she knew where Rowan was.

"She went home sick hun. Time for class." She said shooing me away.

That's way I hadn't seen her. She must have went home right in the middle of her first period then. Fuck.

This was going to be a long day.

ƱƱƱ

Rowan's P.O.V.

"So tell me more about this Alexei." My mom said taking a sip of her pop.

"Well for one he's unbelievably nice. He just moved here with his parents like two months ago, and don't take this the wrong way but we slept together last night." I said with a smile.

All the color ran from my mom's face.

"Mom! I told you not to think about it that way. We went to this haunted house thing last night and by the time we got done it was eight so I invited him in. We watched some movies and fell asleep on the couch." I said holding her hand.

She nodded and then squeezed my hand.

"That's so sweet." She said to me.

"We didn't have the best wakeup call though." I said getting nervous.

"What do you mean?" She said becoming very serious.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"He came home around three completely drunk and he... he ah... he slapped me." I said taking a drink of my water.

"What?" She yelled loudly, making the whole restaurant turn silent.

ƱƱƱ

I slapped myself mentally for telling her here. She struck the money down on the table forcefully and grabbed her purse and we walked out of the restaurant.

"Mom. Mom slow down. It's not the first time it's happened." I said and the regretted it.

She stopped and turned around slowly.

"He has abused you more than once? Rowan why hadn't you told me?" She said engulfing me in in a tight motherly hug.

"I don't know. It was never a big problem." I said back to her.

"How is it not a big problem Rowan?"

"Because it never was. School was my biggest problem."

She hugged me again and then pulled away from me again.

"I want you to move in with me Rowan. I don't like you living there with your father." She said to me.

"Mom. I'm fine there. It doesn't happen all the time just when he's been out drinking." I said running a hand through my blond hair.

"Please, Rowan." My mom pleaded to me.

I thought back to all the times that I wanted to live with my mom and not my dad but now I got used to living on my own I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted. I had to think about what my mom wanted though so I agreed.

"Great let's go get you packed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why hello Everybody (Think of it in a Tyler Okakely voice),

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's pretty short but like i've said before I thought it was a good place to stop. Quick question. What do you think about Rowan and Alexei? Do you think they shoud get together or do you think they shouldn't? Also, if you see any typo's or things I could change then let me know. I'm still fixing Skin Ink but i would also like to fix this story while I write it so please let me know if you see anything that doesn't sound right or like I said typo's. Also, I am wanting to write more imagines! Make sure if you want to read more to give me ideas! Alright, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and let me know what you think.

BlessedLove14