Our Love Story!

Začít od začátku

"Aacchoo.." she sneezed at him.

Manik took out his handkerchief and wiped his face. "Tum!? Wuff are you doing here?"

"Actually..."

"Come inside. I am feeling cold!" she said and invited him inside.

Manik was surprised at the invitation but he did come inside. He was more surprised as he saw the interiors of her home. It was so contrasting to her image. To him she appeared to be this crazy and weird woman but the interiors said a all different thing. It looked classy.

"The first room at left, there's the kitchen. Can you make me some ginger tea? I need it so bad or I'll die because of this cold! God knows why the maid didn't come today!"

Manik looked at Nandini as if she had grew two horns over her head, "Excuse Me!"

"Eeehh...chilao mat, sir dard ho raha hai mera." She whined, and Manik stared at her dumbfounded. What the hell!! He was here to return her license and she is making his work like a house maid!!

"Listen I..." he tried to argue.

"I like my tea sweet, so please usme 4 sugar cubes daalna.", after saying this she walked into a room and shut the door. Manik was amused and confused at the same time, followed her and opened the door of the room she had entered before.

There she was, trying to sleep with multiple comforters pulled over her body. This might be her bedroom then, he concluded. Everything was a mess, clothes on the floor, files and some documents on the other side of the bed. Pizza leftovers, tissue papers and what not.

Manik scrunched up his nose, "Aise mein bimaar nahi hogi toh aurr kya hoga!"

Without giving it another thought, Manik placed the license at the table by the side of the bed and went in the kitchen to make Nandini and himself some tea. As he was doing so, he chuckled and said to himself, "Pehli mulakaat mein mujhe ek bacche ka baap bana diya aurr ab dekho!! Kamaal hai, kabhi socha nahi thha ki yeh sab bhi karunga main kabhi."

He poured the tea in two cups and went to give Nandini one. Nandini indeed was very very sick, that's why after drinking the tea, she went to sleep once again. Shaking his head Manik placed the comforters over her nicely and started piling up the things. He placed all her clothes on one chair, still messy but together in a pile. The documents together with a paper weight over it and the pizza leftovers and tissue papers in the dustbin.

He then made Nandini some tomato soup and left it in the microwave. Before leaving he wrote her a note;

"I was here to give you back your license that you dropped that day when we met at the roadside. I made you some soup, it's in the microwave, heat it up and then drink.
By the way, I am no maid of yours, so next time we meet, you owe me a treat! "

-----------

Remembering those memories, Manik suddenly laughed out loud. "Kya hua?" questioned Nandini, her voice still laced with sleepiness.

"Just remembered the second time we met!" was his reply.

"Manik..?" Nandini said on a serious note.

"Hhhmmm?" he asked.

"Thank you!" she replied.

"Kis liye?" he frowned.

"For the tea and soup?" and then she laughed hard at him, who just shook his head in amusement.

After driving for half an hour Manik and Nandini stopped at a food joint to have lunch. After they ordered their food, Nandini held Manik's hand in hers and asked, "You remember our third meeting?"