Manik glanced at Nandini who was now sleeping, her head still on his shoulder and her hand clutching his arm. He smiled fondly as he remembered the earlier events of the day. It started with a simple truth and dare game where Nandini opted for dare and Manik dared her to slap that constable that led to the police station drama.

Such thing wasn't new to them. Not new to him, he now is experienced as what Nandini's antics will lead to. He kissed the top of her head as he remembered the day, 1 year and 3 months ago, when he met Nandini.

--------

Manik was jogging, when he noticed a child of 3-4 years walking on the road and a car was about to hit him. He leapt across the road as fast as he could and saved the child from being hit by the car. He then took the child to a safe spot and checked for injury, if any. As he was consoling the crying boy, he felt someone tap at his shoulder.

Manik turned around to face a beautiful girl with a fiery expression on her face. "Yes?" he asked.

"Kaise baap ho tum!", the girl yelled.

"What?" Manik was shocked.

"Suna nahi diya? I am talking to you mister! What kind of father you are? Apne bacche ko aise hi sadak pe akela chod kar kya kar rahe thhe tum?"

"Excuse me Miss? Mera baccha?"

"Tumhaara nahi toh aurr kiska? Mera?"

"Maybe"

"Aaarrggghh...agar apne bachon ka dhyaan nahi rakh sakte toh paida hi kyon karte ho?"

Now Manik was utterly confused. What was this girl saying? And what baccha, kiska baccha and all! Then it struck him, "Oh God!"

"What "Oh God!!"? Ek toh bacche ka dhyaan nahi rakhte upar se..."

Manik was about to argue and resolve the misunderstanding that the girl had but they were interrupted by a lady who came and hugged the child in question. She looked up at Manik and said, "Thank you bhai sahib, you saved my child's life. Thank you!"

As the lady walked away, Manik looked at the girl who now had a sheepish look over her face.

"Mera baccha?" he prodded.

"Sorry, I got the wrong idea and.."

"You know what! Just get away!" he yelled and the girl flinched and ran away from there as fast as she could!

Manik shook his head as he watched the girl walking away, he rubbed his temples and then his gaze fell on a card like something. When he picked it up, he noticed that the said card was a license. It belonged to the fiery lady. He read, "Nandini Murthy"

Shaking his head, he placed the license in the pocket of his trousers and jogged his way back home.

--------

"That day, you came into my life. And it never was the same." Thought Manik as he drove.

--------

Manik stood in front of a two storey house as he rang the bell. He was at Nandini's place to return her license.

"Cuhmming!", he heard her yell from inside.

After few seconds the door opened and there stood Nandini Murthy. Manik looked at her from head to toe. Her hair bound in a messy way by a hair tie. Her nose red and she looked pale. She was wearing a long red colored sweater, paired it with white warm leggings and fluffy socks. Man! She was wearing those cute bunny slippers too.