Truth

The next morning I woke up earlier than anyone else and went for a jog around the building. I decided to push myself into a run and then I pushed myself further, until I couldn't run anymore and I just lie on my back and stared at the rafters. The distant sound of clicking boots told me that I'm not alone the heavy grate sounded familiar. I sat up and threw myself to my feet.

"Figured you would be here." I heard Eric grumble. He turned to walk away from me, I stepped in front of him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It's against the rules for you to be here." He announced coldly

"Some rules are pointless. They're like tempting a child." I said smugly

"Such as yourself." he stated. I clenched my fists and stepped closer to Eric glaring.

"I am not a child, you stubborn pig" I said. 

"Oh so you're bringing barn animals into this?" He said. 

"Yes maybe." I said as I turned on my heel.

"You have only proved my point, you're still a child." he said to me in a cold tone.

I felt like crying, but there are two things I don't do, and that was cry or back down from a dare, but that was for another time. 

"You didn't think I was a child when you kissed me in the compound after our final test." I said quietly. 

"Things change." Eric said I looked him in the eye, they were usually cold icy orbs but these were soft blue eyes filled with so much hurt. it broke my heart, why was he hurt? I was the one that was hurt because he tossed me to the side without warning.

"Do they?" I asked. he looked away from me. 

"Yes Piper, they do. when I met you, I thought you were the most mature out of the initiates, you were brave, and beautiful, but when I saw you point your gun at Max I figured out that you are immature, like a kid trying to keep themselves out of trouble." Eric said walking off, "You lied to me Piper, you proved just how childish you really are." He said, that was enough to finally crack my strong wall of composure. Tears began to fall down my cheeks, I walked after him and turned him around.

"I lied because you where a leader, and I was divergent! I lied because you and max and Jeanine are hunting us for sport to try and exterminate us because you couldn't control us! I thought you would hate me, I felt like I couldn't tell you because I was scared!" I said hitting against his chest.

"You thought you couldn't trust me?" Eric said, angry now. he grabbed my wrists and shoved me into a pillar, it wasn't as hard as I was expecting, it was actually gentle.

"Yes because being what I am, is a death sentence. it's not like I had a choice, you shot a divergent in front of me and Tris." I said sobbing, my shoulders began to shake as Erik lifted my chin.

"That was someone else not you, and I happen to care for you, a lot. I wouldn't have killed you if you told me." Erik said, he looked near tears and I placed a hand on his cheek. He leaned into my touch. never breaking eye contact with his ocean eyes.

"I didn't know that. I wish I had, being without you was hard, I cried myself to sleep and barely ate if I ate at all. one time Four held me down while Tris force fed me." I said sadly.

"I dreamed of you, every night, and I woke up and tried to find you but you weren't there." I was ugly crying now. too many feelings at once. why does this happen to me? oh well I didn't care, I was letting out all of the feels I had been forced to choke down just to stay alive.

"I cried too." He said whispering into my hair, I pulled away and placed my hands on his chest. He was crying, I stared at him in shock, he was a big man, tough as nails, and here he stood, crying in front of me. I wiped away his tears and sighed. Standing on the tips of my toes I did something risky, I pressed my lips to his and gently kissed him. 

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY I'M BACK, AND NOBODY MISSED ME.

OH WELL SORRY FOR THE LONG HAITUS, I WAS DEALING WITH THE SHITTY START OF 2018. 

ANY HOW, TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1034 READS! DON'T BE SILENT, COMMENT PLEASE! 

SEE YOU LATER MY DUDES.

I CHANGED MY USERNAME FROM DONTJUDGEME_12 TO R_MOSELEY BECAUSE IT SOUNDS MORE PROFESSIONAL BUT WHATEVER THANK YA'LL SO MUCH!!!!!!!