Will You Be Mine?

Shadow's POV

I heard my alarm go off and I woke up. Today is Valentine's day which is the day where everyone celebrates their love for each other. It's not only for lovers but for also for friends. I have a friend and I care about him so much. His name is Sonic the Hedgehog. Not only I care about him, I'm in love with him. He was always there for me and I'm there for him. I developed feelings for him when he gave me an umbrella on a rainy day. I remember it like it was yesterday. 

Flashback

"Great it's raining and I don't have an umbrella" I said. I sighed and started walking home. A truck drove by and splashed me with water from a puddle. "Just great, this day just keeps on getting better and better" I said as I continued walking. As I walked through the park, I saw Sonic. He was playing around in a puddle and I thought it was cute. Sonic looks at my direction and sees me. "Hi Shadow" Sonic said as he walked towards me. "Hi Sonic" I said as I stood in the rain. "What are you doing out in the rain? You could get sick" Sonic said. "It's ok, I'll be fine" I said. "No it's not, here take my umbrella" Sonic said as he was handing me his umbrella. "No I can't take your umbrella, you'll get wet" I said as I didn't grab his umbrella. "It's ok Shadow, I'm wearing a sweater so I won't get wet so take my umbrella" Sonic said with a smile. I look at the umbrella and look at him. "Are you sure Sonic?" I asked. "Yes, now take it" Sonic said. "Well alright" I said as I grabbed his umbrella. "Good, now I have to go help Tails. I'll see you later, bye Shadow" Sonic said and left. "Bye Sonic" I said as I started walking. I look at the umbrella and smile. "Thank you Sonic" I said. 

End of Flashback

After a while I fell in love with him. The problem is I don't know if he'll feel the same for me. Girls are always around him and they love him. But today is the day I tell him my feelings for him, no backing down. I walk downstairs and make breakfast. I turned on the tv and heard the news. "Another day saved by Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog, thank you for saving the day again" the news reporter said. "They didn't stand a chance against me and Sonic" I said as I walked in the kitchen and made my coffee. I started cooking eggs and bacon while my coffee was heating up. I looked at a bag with a heart-shaped box of chocolate and red and blue roses. Those are for Sonic and I hope he likes it. I finished making my breakfast and started eating. 

Time Skip

It was five o'clock so I started heading out to Sonic's house. I walked and looked around while I walked. I went through the park as a shortcut to get to Sonic's house. I saw his house and walked up to it. Before I could knock I looked through the window and saw Sonic with Amy. No this can't be happening. She's going to ask him to be her Valentine. I sighed and walked back to the park. I should've known Sonic wouldn't feel the same. I walked to a tree where Sonic and I would usually sit together. I sat down and looked at the sky. I closed my eyes and tried to forget what I saw. 

Sonic's POV

It's Valentine's day and today is the day I tell the one I care about that I love them. That one person is Shadow the Hedgehog. I fell in love with him from the day I was playing in the rain. I looked at a picture of me and Shadow hanging out in the park. I smiled and walked in the living room. I started to make a Valentine's day card for Shadow and I got him a picture of me and him. I hope he likes it. It was five o'clock so I thought it would be the perfect time to go to Shadow's house. When I was grabbing the stuff, I heard my door being knocked. "Who could that be?" I said while walking to the door. I opened the door to see Amy. "Amy? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Sonic I wanted to ask you something?" Amy said. "Um ok, come in" I said letting her in and closed the door. "Sonic I-I wanted to ask if y-you will be m-my Valentine?" Amy asked. I didn't know what to say. I don't want to break her heart but I'm love with Shadow. "Look Amy, it's sweet but I love someone else. I'm sorry" I said. "O-oh, it's ok Sonic. I-I understand" Amy said. I sighed, "Amy, I'm really sorry, I still love you as my friend" I said with a smile. "I love you too Sonic, whoever you're with then they're lucky to have you" Amy said with a smile. "Thank you Amy" I said. "Your welcome, well I guess I should go home" Amy said. "Alright, bye Ames" I said and gave her a hug. "Bye Sonikku" Amy said while hugging me and left. Ok now it's time for me to go to Shadow's house. I grabbed the stuff and walked out. I walked through the park as a shortcut to Shadow's house. As I was walking through the park I saw Shadow at our spot. I walked up to him. "Hi Shadow" I said. Shadow looked at me. "Hey, I thought you were with Amy" Shadow said. "No, she came by and asked me to be her Valentine but I said no because I love someone else" I said while blushing a light pink. "R-really?" Shadow asked. "Y-yeah, I was going to tell him my feelings for him" I said. "Him?" Shadow asked. I blushed red, "well uh um" I said. "Sonic are you?" Shadow asked. "Y-yes, I'm gay, please don't judge me" I said. "I would never judge you and I'm also gay" Shadow said. I looked at him. I can't believe Shadow is gay like me. "D-do you like someone?" I asked. "Well y-yeah I like someone and today I'm going to tell him I have feelings for him" Shadow said. 

Shadow's POV

Sonic explained about him and Amy and I was shocked when he said he's gay. It could be possible that I have a chance to be with him. I told him I was also gay. "Sonic, I have something to tell you" I said. "Ok, what is it?" Sonic asked. I started taking out the flowers and the chocolates. "Sonic, from a rainy day, I fell in love with you. I know this sounds crazy to you but I can't stop thinking about you. What I'm trying to say is... will you be my Valentine?" I asked while handing him the flowers and chocolates. "Oh Shadow, yes I'll be your Valentine" Sonic said. "R-really?" I asked. "Yes and I also wanted to give you this" Sonic said while handing me flowers and a picture of me and him. "Sonic this is beautiful, thank you" I said with a smile. "I'm glad you like it" Sonic said as knelt down. "Sonic the Hedgehog, I love you so much, will you do me the honors and be with me?" I asked. Sonic giggles, "I would love to, I love you so much Shadow the Hedgehog and nothing is going to stop me from loving you" Sonic said. "Come here you" I said and kissed him on the lips. He kissed back and it was with passion. I broke the kiss and looked at him. "Happy Valentine's day" we both said at the same time. 

The End

Author's Note

I hope you guys enjoyed that short Valentine's day story of Sonadow. I was going to put on Valentine's day but I got busy with school work. Sorry about that anyways see ya around!