- Hey you, it's been a while, says, Jeremy, laughing to my reaction and probably my face too.

- You scared me you geek, I tell him pushing him playfully and laughing. Yeah, it's been a while. How are you?

- Sorry, I'm good, how are you?

- I'm good, yeah, you look amazing actually, I say and realize what I said, I mean... not that usually you... don't but, you seem...

- Not high? I nod, smiling awkwardly. Jeremy lightly laugh, nodding as well. I haven't take anything for two days.

- Good, oh, hey, why haven't you replied my texts? I wanted to go discover this town, like you proposed to me the first time we met.

- Oh sorry, I must have forgot, I was busy, I nod again. I can't help to feel kind of disappointed. I don't know why but at this present moment, I feel something. Something that I don't usually feel easily around people. He's making me stressed and uncomfortable. Am I in love? No, can't be... Can it? I was about to ask him a question when Vicki arrives excitedly beside him.

- Hey babe, she kisses him and smiles. I could feel my heart dropping.

- You guys are together? I ask trying to sound normal even though a point of surprise echoed.

- Yeah, answers, Jeremy happily. I smile awkwardly and look down quickly.

- It's been a while since I saw you, I tell her, you look great Vicki, I say smiling to her. I still remember that night on the roof. It was terrible.

- Yeah, last time I saw you, was the night with the comet, right? I nod, faintly smiling. Well, it is nice to see you, we should hang out sometimes.

- Yeah, we definetly should. I have to go to class, see you guys around, I smile one last time before walking away feeling my heart heavy. I hate this feeling. I see my dad talking with Elena. Bonnie's gone. It looks like it's going fine. Elena walks away from dad. Well, maybe not? I join my father's side.

- Lilou, what's wrong? Why this face? asks, my dad, while passing an arm around my shoulders.

- I don't know actually, Caroline's voice echoed in the corridor. We watch her talking to a girl about the project ''The sexy suds car wash'' that happens tomorrow. Is it me or does she act like nothing happened with Uncle Damon? I ask whispering to my father.

- No, you're right. Hey, hum... After school, I'm heading to the Grill. Elena accepted to let me explain her why I haven't... you know. I nod and smile.

- That's good. I'm happy for you, Stef', he smiles to me and the bell rings. We should go to class, come on.

School ends hours later and dad brought me back to the boarding house. The both of us enter the quiet house. It's calm as usual but it is... too calm for me. Usually, Uncle Zach is doing something, so we hear him. I frown while puting my bag against the wall. Dad goes to the kitchen. Did he not remark that something is wrong? I hear voices. Where do they come from? I follow the sound of them which leads me to the cellar. I walk downstairs slowly and quietly, listening to the conversation. Its Uncle Zach and Damon's voice.

- You succeeded, Zach. I'm shutting down. You're like your grandfather. He didn't like it when I came to visit, either, comments Damon weaker than this morning.

- But you don't visit, Damon. You appear, unannounced, reminding me that this isn't my house; that you're just permitting me to live here. Hell, that you're permitting me to live, I look at the two men from the corner of the wall.