PART 8

Last night was fun. I'm was lying on the Gryffindor carpet because I couldn't be bothered to go up to my bed last night, plus the floor was comfy. The sun was glaring into the common room, so I knew someone was going to come downstairs soon. I slowly got up, picked up a revision book and started reading it again. It's like me to get up early and revise anyway, and I need to pass Herbology. 

A few minutes later I heard someone come downstairs. It was Harry and he was wearing his old pyjamas and he looked really rough. I looked at him worringly and he just shook his head and muttered "Rough night,".

I'd forgotton about Harry and everything he's gone through. "I'm so sorry that I've been distracted lately," I said.

He looked up at me for a moment and then to my book, "I know. I know you need to pass Herbology and try to make something of yourself, but me- I don't.... I don't know what to do anymore"

It reminded me of what I was going through. I used to think I could tell him everything. I looked at him for a while and lent in for a hug. He accepted and it felt so good to have a friend after the hectic few months I've been having. We started talking about Herbology and tested eachother and had a good time, since it's been ages since I've laughed. He didn't even mention the episode I had yesterday.

Slowly people started coming downstairs and there was an elephant in the room. People obviously just wanted to move past what I'd done since it's so out of character for me. It was so awkward in the room I just wanted to run out and cry but I didn't. This is the new Hermione. Friends with Harry, gets good grades and tries her best. New me.

I asked Harry if we could go to breakfast and he agreed and we got our books and we were about to sit on the gryffindor table when we saw Ron. He looked paler than usually he was almost transparent. He looked up at me and I felt sick to the stomach. Harry looked guilty. He knew. 

"I know this is awkward but I just need my friends back, okay?" Harry said.

I slowly backed away and felt my forehead become sweaty. Harry grabbed my hand. "You can do this" he assured.

I took a deep breath gave Harry a smile and sat next to Ron. 

"You ready for Herbology?" Harry started.

"Bloody hell, I forgot about that"

"You need to do well!! Let me test you," I blurted out without thinking.

"Um... Okay"

I tested him and he got most of the answers wrong, I laughed he didn't.

Then Dumbledore walked into the room with his baby bump showing slightly.  I looked down and felt my cheeks on fire. I couldn't believe that someone's appearance could make me feel so cold but hot. We locked eyes for a second, and then back down again and walked quicker to the front of the room.

Dumbledore raised his arms symbolizing how he wanted silence. I tried to hide my nervousness but it wasn't working. The great hall was only half full, but it was enough.

"Now, now. You can all guess that I am pregnant, and on this affair, I would like to stop all the rumours. I am an old, old man but I am an old man who is in love. With another man."

The crowd muttered to friends around them, with genuine shock.

"Stop mumbling. His name? No, I will not say. What we have is something. Now, no gossiping. I want you young, talented wizards to know that this kid, will not affect you. It affects me, and.. my love", a few peopled awww'ed "So please, get going to your first lesson but Hermione, stay with me,"

I felt myself sweating from the inside and I looked at Harry and he mouthed "what is it for?" but I just shrugged and shuffled over to Professor Dumbledore. We locked eyes and he snorted and spat on the floor. I was too gobsmacked to speak.

"Yeah you better shut your mouth you little slut, don't you ever ever ever," he drew closer to me, so I could feel his breath on my face and I was in spitting range, "talk to my sugar daddy again. Do you hear me?" 

I nodded.

"We are HAPPY without a slag like you in the picture."

I held back the tears and ran my fingers through my hair trying to make sense of all of this. My face was damp from Dumbledore's saliva. I didn't want to be involved in this anymore.

"Now, you can make your way to your lesson,"

I ran out the great hall and the urge to cry was too much. Fat hot tears ran down my cheeks and I was running to anywhere until some hands stopped me.

"Hermione? He-Hey don't struggle," Snape's slow voice said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

long time no write. i had exams so yh...... but enjoy!