Enemies Of The Past Return, A Heartbreaking Betrayal Against Former Comrades

Timeskip, At The Wall

You and the rest of the scouts that accompanied you had just made it back to the wall from Utgard castle. Your sister held onto you as you scaled the wall due to her lack of gas. It was drizzling as the wind blew lightly. At the top of the wall, the scouts were reeling up Ymir, who was severely injured, but healing at the same time.

Scout: Slowly! Bring it up slowly!  

Moblit: Raise it carefully now!

You walked over towards one of the scouts that took a report on Ymir's condition.

Y/N: How's Ymir? What sort of shape is she in?

Scout: Her right arm and leg were bitten off, and her insides are beaten like scrambled eggs. If she was normal, she'd be dead for sure.

You stared down at her as the scout set his gear to help raise the others who don't have their equipment.

Y/N's Thoughts: If she was normal, huh?

???: Reiner! Grab on!

Reiner: Right!

You turned to see Eren leaning down to help Reiner climb up the edge. He grabbed onto Eren's forearm, and pulled himself up the wall.

Christa: Please, believe me!

You turned again to see Christa was speaking with Hange, and looked like she was pleading to her. You walked over to see what they were talking about.

Christa: I'm telling the truth!

Y/N: What's going on?

Christa: Y/N, you'll believe me right? Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight off the other Titans and save us! She did so with no regard for her own life, which proves her loyalty ti us, her comrades! It's true the her judgement until now is unforgivable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it! I imagine she didn't say anything to protect herself. But...now she's a changed person! Ymir is an ally of humanity! I know Ymir better than anybody. She's a much simpler person than she looks!

Y/N: Calm down Christa. *places hand on her shoulder* I believe you. After all, she's one of MY cadets, and I know you're all allies to us.

Christa smiled at you as wrapped your arms around her, hugging her from behind and facing Hange. She felt comforted, and relaxed into the embrace.

Y/N: We can trust her, Section-Commander. I know it.

Hange: I see. Obviously, I hope we can build a trusting relationship with her. Her judgement aside, the information she holds is a treasure for humanity. I hope we get along. But you know...

You both turned towards Hange who began to walk pass both of you.

Hange:...even if she is a simple person, this world becomes more of a confusing mess with every passing day.

As you all walked on, a topic popped into your head that you've been meaning to ask.

Y/N: You said...your real name was Historia. What was with that?

Hange: Your real name was Historia Reiss?

Christa: Yes, that's right.

Hange: Reiss, as in the noble family?

Christa: *stops walking and looks down* Yes. 

Hange: I see.

Hange turned back around with a smile, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Hange: Nice to meet you, Historia.

Christa: Yeah...

Y/N: I don't care what your name is, you're still my wittle angel. *nuzzles head on top of Christa's*