Chapter 21

'Pick me Pick me Pick me up~ Pick me Pick me Pick me u-'

   Groaning, your hands instinctively press the 'alarm-off' button on your phone next to your bed.

   You stare at the ceiling blankly.

   "Grhm," You hoist yourself out of your comfy bed and drag yourself to the bathroom across the hall.

>#$@ Up ThIs EaRlY aLrEaDy? <^[+'

   You stepped onto the cold tiled floor and placed your hands on the counter, eyeing the mirror.

   "Wow, I look like I zombie," You mutter.

   You try to fix your bed hair, but already making it worse, you start to cleanse your face.

   Patting with a soft towel, you grab your toothbrush, lazily squirt a random tube of toothpaste out of several you randomly had, and groggily walk back to your bedroom.

   While brushing, you grab and unlock your phone, heading straight to the message app.

To: Yilin
   Hey, feeling any better?

...

Surprisingly, she had answered back.

To: You
   Not much, my doctor says it will be a while before I can come back to school.

To: Yilin
   Oh, that's a shame :(  Anyways, there's a lot of things going on, so, I'm coming over

To: You
   I don't think that's a good idea tbh

To: Yilin
   Why? You didn't contact me for the past week idk anymore, is your sickness that bad?

To: You
   It is :(

To: Yilin
   :'(

To: You
   :'(

To: Yilin
   At least you can make me sick with you okei gr8 I'm coming over in a few!

To: You
   Nooo stop Y/n I'm serious don't come over

To: Yilin
   See u!

To: You
   Y/n don't come over

[The message could not be sent]

To: You
   Y/n you better reply, this is really true you can't come over

[The message could not be sent]

...

"Fuck"

   After about 15 minutes of getting ready, you headed outside, closing the door, and headed for Yilin's house.

   Her house wasn't too far away, maybe just a 5 minute walk. Or more. Depends if you felt really tired.

   Today, you felt really tired.

   Passing by neighbors, you happily greeted them,

   You stop and curiously look to the left, in front of a mini food market.