Chapter 10:Before The Match

Start from the beginning

"Makichi! " I said, Maki ran towards me and hugged me tightly... ouch! Thats what you call the impact I was talking about. 

"Makichi, whats wrong?" I asked, concerned about her, I somehow felt numb on my waist because of her hug, 'bare the pain' I said to myself.

She sobbed on my shoulder and I let her cry and let out her pain, oh Makichi... let it out... let my shoulder be your 'Crying Shoulder'.

"It's alright Makichi... Makochi didnt mean those words..." I said, Maki separated from me and looked at me, "Mo! hidoi Tetsucha!" She said, and started crying loudly.

"Sorry! I just wanna know what happened!" I said.

Maki looked on the ground letting her tears pour down on her cheeks, "Mako and I fought." She said, " I told him that you visited in our home and I was late to tell him that you visited him. He then lashes me out of nowhere." She sobbed.

"He desperately want to see me... didnt he?" I asked while stroking her back, she then nodded.

"Well... it cant be helped I guess, he hates me for what I have done. I left them suddenly, especially him." I muttered,  she looked at me with confusion and I just smiled at her.

"Because I'm stupid!" I said while making faces.

Maki giggled lightly then turned serious, "What do you mean especially him?" She asked.

I was quiet, thinking if I should tell her what happened between the two of us. I know she is aware back then, but...

I still remember that day, Hes always annoyed whenever I follow him and forces him to attend the trainings, He may say mean words at me... but I dont care, he is my... no our teammate and I am worried about.

~ years ago~

Shoei Junior High...

"Jeez! just wait a minute!" I said while pouting. Me and Makochi are walking towards the gym, I finally convinced him to attend the practice match. I followed Makochi wherever he goes or doesnt want to come because hes been skipping alot lately, and today we have a  match against the other school so the coach assigned me to watch over him whenever he skips practice.

"Oi Makochi! The gym is this way!" I said, He just ignored me looking pissed and went to the other direction.

"Oi, where are you going! the gym is right here!"Okay this is troublesome.

"Dont follow me, you little brat..." He said... b-brat?!

"ehh!? Brat you say?! look whos talking BAKA!" I teased, he suddenly stop from walking and turned towards me. I was taken aback when he looked at me angrily and pissed at the same time.

I got shivers down my spine when he looked at me with his piercing eyes.

He leaned closer to me and said something... it was short, but painful... my chest tightens like someone is gripping my lungs... my eyes blurred because of the tears but I held them... and let him not see me cry or one tear going down my cheeks, no I won't do that because of what he said to me... he walked passed me and went to the corridor where the gym is held... yes... I finally convinced him to practise... but his words echoed through my mind, I was standing there... like someone glued my feet, I cant move... still paralyzed where I was standing.

It was short... but dead meaningful...

"Get your ugly face away from me. I dont need someone to follow me just because of the stupid club."

***

"Tetsucha?"

"Makichi, dont worry! Im sure Makochi didn't mean it!" I said, " you know that he cares about you! Now, you go home now! Your mother will get worried!" I grabbed her hand and started walking towards the train station.

"Makichi" I called, she looked at me and tilted her head innocently. Oh Makichi! You're so cute when you do that! I want to hug you right now!

"I can't wait for the match. And I have a favor to ask."

"What is it Tetsucha?" I smiled at her then told her.