Chapter 4- The stage

Start from the beginning

Then I heard two people barge in and say "George!" I pulled away quickly in shock and turned around to see two boys in leather. They were Paul and John. I think George was pretty shocked too. Paul and John stared in silence for a bit and said, "Sorry." They started laughing and I stood there feeling really awkward. The boys walked over to us and George asked,

"What do you guys want?"

"We have been looking for you everywhere but we couldn't find you. We were coming to tell you that we are playing tonight, here." Paul replied.

"Oh right, okay. You'll be able to see Michelle play too then!" George said excitedly.

The boys looked in shock, "Wha? You can play! Why didn't you tell us!" Paul said surprised.

"Yeah! I didn't even know!" John said with Paul. John seemed to be interested in me now. Before he didn't really care about me, he never talked to me before but now he actually saw me as something.

"Um, I didn't think you would be interested.." I replied.

"What! Of course we are! A pretty bird like you who can play guitar, who wouldn't be!" Paul said quickly. I blushed, George noticed this and kinda stared at Paul.

"So, you're playing tonight? At the cavern?" John asked me.

"Yeah I am, I'm really nervous though."

"You shouldn't be after what happened just now! Did you see Mark's reaction! His mouth was wide open when you started singing!" George told me, making me smile incredibly. I was guessing that man's name was Mark then. George smiled back at me and said,

"Shall we go into the cavern then?"

"Yeah." We all said in unison and started walking out the room into the cavern. We sat down at the bar in the corner of the cavern so we could all talk before we played tonight. I sat next to George and Paul was on my other side and John sat next to Paul. We talked about a lot of things and we laughed and joked a lot. It was so fun, I was making new friends with Paul and John. I was really becoming to like them. They kept asking me to play and sing but I kept saying,

"No, you'll see me play tonight,"

which made them groan and I would giggle. Soon after, the other guys arrived, Pete and Stuart. They came over to us and sat in the bar with us. They both asked who I was and George explained everything. They were also shocked to know I was going to play at the cavern. They wished me luck for tonight. Although Stuart didn't really seem interested. He wasn't quite with us. He seemed like that too when they all played together. I don't think he fits into the band to be honest. But I'm not going to say anything, that's not what I should be saying as Stuart would hate me. The other players too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was eight o'clock now and the Quarrymen were going up to play now. I sat at the bar on my own waiting for them to get ready and play. When they finally got on the stage I left the bar and walked over to where the people stood ready to watch the Quarrymen. They got their instruments ready, and I looked at George and it made me remember when I was sat in the cavern before with Linda thinking how perfect George was and imagining what it would be like with him. That was becoming real. I can't believe this is happening. I also remembered that I hadn't talked to Linda since yesterday. I totally forgot to ask her about last night! I have so much to tell her! And it's only been one day since I last saw her!

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked back at George who was already looking at me, I blushed for some reason. He grinned and winked at me. I blushed even more. I really can't control my blushing. They started started playing their song. Paul was singing this one, it was called Long Tall Sally. It made me laugh how Paul would dance when he played the guitar and sing, he was the most feminine one out of the whole band.