Nineteenth Stop

A/N; welcome! I added the picture of Hobi~~ I adore Run!era, so that's what it's going to be (also he got four because I am weak and completely smitten)! I hope you enjoy the chapter, get ready for some --throwback-- time

When Yoongi had turned 20, he had felt lonelier than ever. He had thought that maybe, because it was his birthday after all, he wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night. He had thought that maybe his demons were going to let him off, just for that day. Yoongi didn't mind if they returned the day after, he wouldn't expect less.

But he had hoped to not shoot up straight out of his sleep at two in the morning, drenched in sweat and with new marks on his arms.

As he huffed in frustration, eyes on the clock and furious hands rubbing at the red stripes, Yoongi felt like he must have done something very bad to deserve all this torture.

Yoongi wasn't an insomniac, per se. But he wasn't a regular sleeper. When he slept, it was light. His body couldn't seem to stay still as he closed his eyes. His heart was always beating loudly in his ears, his breathing always seemed too heavy. No matter how light the blankets were, no matter if he slept naked on his tiled bathroom floor, he would always be too hot. As if his body had an allergic reaction to sleep and immediately started to run a fever every time.

On top of that, when Yoongi's eyes would finally get too heavy and he would fall asleep, nightmares started to plague his mind. He never had a dreamless sleep, and he never had a night without a memory creeping up on him, or voices chasing him.

It was like he had never had collected a good memory in his life.

Although, when Yoongi was awake, he could remember. His older brother's jokes, his mother's soft hands, his father's proud smile. Jungkook, his best friend. The old brown piano his family had at home. His keyboard. His computer. His dream of making music.

But when he was asleep, it was like Yoongi couldn't remember anything but his brother's sneering words, his mother's sharp nails, his father's disappointed eyes. Jungkook, the friend he had to leave behind. The old brown piano that had been gone one day when he came home from school. The smashed keys of his keyboard. His confiscated computer. The dream he would never fulfil.

Yoongi was a law student. And there wasn't a thing he hated more in the world than the fact that he was too poor to leave his family's wishes behind.

***

It was raining when Yoongi met him. He had been racing from one building on the large campus to another, his hood up and his face down, when he got called.

Or, at least, someone got called and since no one would've been desperate enough to have a pointless attendance during this weather, Yoongi assumed it was him who had gotten called.

A young man, not tall but with a seemingly lanky posture, was waving at him enthusiastically from under the porch of the building Yoongi was running towards. Yoongi sighed deeply. He just wanted to go to class, even got a bit excited about the fact that almost no one seemed to be present, but now he had this stranger waving him down.

Any other day, Yoongi might have ignored him, but since it was very obvious it was him who got asked, that was a no-go. He faltered slightly in his speed-walking, but then pulled his shoulder bag higher and kept going.

Once he was safe under the porch, he let his hood slide down and shook out his hair, which had still gotten wet at the tips. He tried to go for a semi-friendly smile that also showed that he didn't have that much time. "Can I help you?"