Chapter 9

~*~ CHAPTER 9 ~*~

Greyson and I were just talking and sharing stories to each other, having lunch in the office and stuff. Greyson was signing some bills, suddenly his iPhone rings. I looked over to see his dad calling.

“Hello, dad?” He walks over to the corner of the room facing the giant window overlooking the rest of the city. He shared a bunch of ‘mhm’s’ and ‘okay’s’ the steeled the phone down.

“Why did you dad call, Grey?” I was concerned ‘cause he last spoke to his parents before our flight to Manila.

He released a sigh and settled beside me again, “He called telling me that they’re on jet two right now to Manila. Eventually they won’t be able to take the later flights due to some turbulence.”  He franticly scribbles on his iPhone contacts.

“Well that’s great, they’re coming early. What’s wrong?” My voice was full of concern.

“They’re supposed to stay at our apartment in nine days, but sadly if we give them ours we won’t have a place to stay, babe.”

“I’ll get them the penthouse in Ascott, Intercontinental Manila, Peninsula, Shangri-la Makati, Ctiy Garden, whatever it takes to satisfy them. Don’t worry Greyson I’ll get on the phone and talk to the best, just relax honey.” I stroked his arm and pulled him close.

“And what, they’ll stay there for the rest of the month? By then Tanner could have ruined the whole hotel. We need to get them an apartment, babe.” He stressed again, I always feel bad when he has that look. I just sighed and nodded.

“Mom dad, I’ll talk to you guys tomorrow okay? Greyson and I have little errands to run.” I felt bad getting rid of my parents like that but I couldn’t just have them around us all day, while I work.

“Okay, sure, baby. We have to go to the office anyway.” My mom spoke

“Oh and we’d love to meet your family, Greyson. How about you invite them over tomorrow and we could all have dinner? How about, the restaurant in Manila Hotel, what do you think, son?”

Oh no, not that place. I remember my parents always bringing me to that place when I was a little girl. He always had meetings there. I even performed for the President of the Philippines there before. He even told me the story when he had breakfast with one Philippines’ dictators in 1982. [A/N: For Filipinos who are reading this; yes, I’m referring to Pres. Ferdinand Marcos back in time. This just explains how old my father is. Fact, this is a true story. And my dad’s practically a grand-dad already.]

“Sure, uncle it’s an honor.”

After that, they were gone.

“Greyson, may I just remind you that when you dinner with my dad, it always come with tuxes and dresses, right?”

He nodded, then stared wide-eyed at me, “Oh no,”

“What?”

“Tanner, Collin and Colton”

“What about them? Wait, Collin and Colton are coming too?”

“Yeah, they are.” Cueing his infamous but adorable sigh. “They’re going to come over to a formal dinner and they don’t have tuxes. I’m just praying to God that they won’t run around the hotel or worse, I hope they won’t embarrass me.

“Grey, just take them shopping tomorrow, then I’ll bring Alexa and your mom too. Cheer up, now let’s go find a residence for them.”