Chapter Twelve

Flashback in italics

Carson's P.O.V.

We're driving to the cementary after the big surprise but mam doesn't know about this. I'm so happy it turned out to the I planned and it manage to put a smile on mam's face but there's one more thing. I want her to visit Carter for the first time. I think it's time for her to let go cause the kids are also being affected by this.

"Babe, where are we going?" Mam asked. She seem to notice that I'm going the wrong way.

"Mam. it's time" I said. she looked at me confuse then her eyes widen.

"No, I'm not ready. Let's go home" She looked away.

"No mam" She stayed quiet. We arrived at the cementary and I pulled over. I turned off the engine and sighed.

"Yay, We're gonna see big sister"Sophia said. I turned to mam who's looking our the window.

"Mam, come on" I told her.

"I told you I'm not ready" she sniffed. she's crying. I sighed,

"When will you be ready? Mam you need to let go. It's been five years." She didn't speak making me sigh in defeat.

"Bella, can you give me the pink rose please?" Bella nodded and gave me the pink rose. I opened my door and went out of the car closing it behind me. I went to the back and help the girls out.

"If you're ready you can go." I told mam and with that we went to Carter's grave.

------------------------------------------------

Cheryl's P.O.V.

I was left alone here in the car. Honestly, I really want to go but what if I can't handle it. Seeing my daughter's name engrave on the marble with the length of time she lived. It'll bring back the memories. I remember when Ashley cheated on me.

Ashley and I just had a fight and he went storming off leaving me alone in our room crying. Seconds later I heard the door slighty open.

"Mam?" Carter asked as she walked in. I immediately wiped away my tears and looked at her.

"What is it pet?"  She walked towards me and hugged me making me cry again so I hugged her tighter.

"He hurt you again." She sniff. I pulled away and saw tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her as I wipe her tears away.

" Cause I hate seeing you cry" She told me and hugged me again. We stayed like that for a while.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She mumbled. I pulled away and smiled. I help her in bed and I join her in. She went closer and cuddle to me.

"Don't worry, we're still here" She whispered as she closed her eyes.

That memory brings me to tears. She's always there but now, its different. I know she's just here but It's hard cause I can't see her or talk to her. I look out the window. Carson's right. I think it's time. I need to talk to her. I composed myself and got out of the car. I think I'm ready.

------------------------------------------------

When I got there, Bella immediately saw me.

"Mammy" She called running to me. I opened my arms and lift her up. She giggled. I looked at Carson and he's smiling at me. We walked towards them as Carson stood up.

"I'm proud of you mam" He said and I smiled. Then I heard laughing.

"What're you doing?" Sophia laughed. I look at her abd saw her looking at nothing. I turned at Carson with worry but I became confuse when he smiled.

"She can see her"

Carter's P.O.V.

I was jumping and screaming and laughing cause I'm very very happy that mam came here for the second time that made Sophia laugh. Sophia and I are in good terms now cause she said she trust me when I told her I'll protect her.

"Sophia tell mam. I'm so happy she's here" She laughed and turn to mam.

"Mammy, Big sister said that she's so happy you're here." She giggled. Mam's eyes widen as Carson took Bella from her. Carson whispered something to her then they walked away leaving me, Sophia and mam. Mam sat down beside Sophia and take her in her arms.

"Tell her I miss her" I told Sophia.

"Mam she misses you" This time it brought teas to her eyes.

"Sophia babe, can I borrow your body for like five minutes. I promise it will only be five minutes." She nodded and stood up making mam look at her. I go in Sophia shaking a bit. After that I smiled and looked at mam who's looking at me tears in her eyes. I immediately sat infront of her and wiped the tears.

"Mam don't cry now. You'll be fine" Her eyes widen and I hugged her tight. It felt good that I can hug her this time. She seem shocked cause I didn't feel her hugged me back so I pulled away. She looked at me straight in the eye then gasped.

"Carter?" She whispered and I slowly nodded. She pulled me in to a tight hug and it made me smile. I hugged her back.

"I miss you so much" She pulled away and kiss me all over my face making me giggle.

"I miss you too mam, I'm very happy you came. Oh and Happy Birthday." She smiled tears rolling down her cheeks. I wiped them away.

"I'm sorry-" I cut her off.

"It's okay now. Just let me say this. I understand it all okay. I love you and I miss you and you made me happy today" I planted a kiss on her forehead." But I need to go" I said standing up. She held my hand.

"Will I ever see you again" She asked. I smiled at her.

"Maybe. Now I love you mam and I'll be here for you." She smiled and nodded. I got out of Sophia's body making her fall.

Mam caught her and hold her. Suddenly her eyes slowly opened.

"Mammy?" She whispered. Mam smiled at her.

"Thank You Sophia" I whispered as I planted a kiss on her forehead making her smile.

"Now, go to sleep" I said to her. She nodded and turned to mam.

"Mammy, I want To sleep" She said. Mam stood up and lift Sophia up and carry her.

"Goodbye my little pink rose, I'll see you soon" She whispered making me smile. And with that they walked away. My day's complete. I'm so happy