5 Fate

I realize that this chapter is really short... but the reason is because It would be weird to add the next chapter back into this one. They just flow better as separate thoughts...

Chapter 5- Fate

BOOM! The doors shake and turn a sinister crimson color.

BOOM! The doors shake again and the crimson changes into a deep amber color. The elders all turn towards the High elf.

“What? Are they using magic?” One of them asks, still looking at the doors suspiciously. Samon just nods in his general direction, focusing on the doors..

“It looks like magic is finally returning to our world, we must be careful when they break through. Do not provoke them, maybe they will talk to us if we don’t attack them first.” He turns towards me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Stay back as much as you can, I don’t want you to get hurt, let alone in the first few minutes of battle.” He pauses and adds, “If it comes to a battle at all.”  I nod and step back so I’m standing behind him.

BOOM! The doors shake and everyone braces themselves, slipping into a line formation in front of Samon and I. The doors were now a bright gold color and a hum filled the air.

“I don’t think these doors will hold much longer, I’m surprised they lasted this long. Hold the attack so we can see who we are dealing with; shields up.” Those with bows step back, forming a second line while all those with swords drawn lift their shields to protect both themselves and the people behind them.

BOOM! The doors fall in and a wave of golden energy makes its way into the room, passing over the heads of the elders, causing some of them to stagger from the force of the blow. A cloud of gold dust is left behind from the power with which the door fell and as it settles we all watch as three tall forms walk in the door, bows lowered and their forms hidden in shadow.

“Oops..” One of them mutters, the small of the three forms.

“Is she safe?” The center figure steps forward and speaks in a smooth, dark, feminine voice. No one moves.

“I asked, is she safe? Show her to us.” She repeats, reaching her hand out in front of her and waiting.

“Is who safe?” One of the elders asks.

“The girl with the power to save us all, she who dreams of life and death.” The woman’s voice is dark and powerful. She again reaches out, but this time the gesture is directed towards me. I hide behind Samon, using him as a human shield.

“She has a name...” The muscular form on her right whispers. we could barely see her glance towards the masculine figure through the shadow and the dust.

“Who are you and what do you want with her?” Samon steps forward, addressing the three figures. The last of the gold dust settles, and their forms are revealed, dimly, in the dark room. There stands a man and two women, one shorter and the other tall. The tallest of the two women is in the center, flanked by the shorter woman and the man.

“We are the Gewl. We protect the flow of time and the balance of the universe. We are the teachers of Layinth, or magic in this tongue, and the guardians of the secret. We are not to be trifled with for we control all of who you are now what you will become. Who are you to deny this girl of the chance to become what she was meant to be?”

The elders all glance at each other, unsure of her meaning. Finally Samon clears his throat  and takes another step forward angrily.

“If you are here to help this girl then why were you firing on her and her companions?”  The three Gewls laughed, and it was soft and musical.