Chapter Thirty-Six

---

Chapter Thirty-Six

----

/Eva’s POV/

When I woke up in the morning I groaned as I realised what had happened last night. My eyes widened in shock as I realised I needed to tell the magazine that I didn’t go.

I turned on my phone to see 20 text messages, most of them from the girls but one from Juliet, the editor which was sent this morning.

~

To: Eva

Hope you had a good time at the concert. Report in by tomorrow.

From: Juliet

~

To: Juliet

I am so sorry, but I came down with the flu last night and have just been able to get out of bed. I have been to the concert before though so I can still write the article. Will be done by tomorrow.

From: Eva

~

I read through the girls text messages, which were basically the same. They said sorry because they didn’t know I was coming so they couldn’t warn me. I text them back saying it was fine before jumping out of bed and walked into the bathroom and having a shower. Once I jumped out, I pulled on a pair of short shorts and a plain blue t-shirt before walking into the kitchen and making some toast. I sat at the table and turned on the TV, flicking through the channels before stopping it on F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I had already watched all of the series but Joey always made me laugh.

“Nothing for you, you have Paolo. You don't have to face the horrible pressures of this holiday: desperate scramble to find anything with lips just so you can have someone to kiss when the ball drops!! Man, I'm talking loud!” Chandler said and I laughed.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I stood up walked to the door.

“What’s up butt nugg-“I started as I opened the door until I saw Meaghan, Angel, April, Luna, Liam, Harry, Niall, Zayn and Louis at the door. They all looked at me amused, except for Louis who looked at me sadly. I avoided his gaze as I stepped back.

“Hey, come on in. Shouldn’t you girls have keys?” I asked as I kept my gaze on the others.

“We left them here…” April muttered as they walked passed, each of the boys hugging me as they walked past. As Louis came up to me I hesitated before giving him a hug as well. He hugged me tight and I felt tears in my eyes. I quickly let go before rushing into the lounge room.

“I would love to stay and catch up, but I have a review to do.” I rushed, using the article as an excuse before running into my room and locking the door, taking deep breaths as I tried to stop my heart going crazy.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my laptop, starting to write the review for the concert. I remember the concert clearly even though it was months ago and found the article easy to write. I had done the first paragraph of the review when there was a knock at the door.

“Eva, it’s Louis. Can we please talk?” He asked and I felt my chest tighten. I took a deep breath and felt like I couldn’t breathe. I opened the window and took deep breaths of the fresh air. I looked down and noticed that since I am on the first floor so I jumped out and sat down on the grass, taking deep breaths and slowly calming down.

I sat outside for a few minutes alone until I heard the front door open. I looked to the side and saw Louis walking over to me. He sat down next to me, but not too close.