9

"That little dweeb really works there?" Marie look my way quickly after I told her that Kevin now works at the diner.

"Yeah... It was weird, I never knew people from our school to know about the diner"

"Yeah.." Marie took another puff of her lit cigarette

"We didn't say anything to each other when Yolanda introduce us. We act like we didn't know each other at all...."

"Well you have been mean to him back then and you still hang out with the J's which they still beat him up when they have a chance. He must of been scared" Not wanting to respond it, we sat in the quiet night air. Breaking the silence I said.

"He seemed to be close to Yolanda. I wonder how they met"

"She probably saw how small and cute he is" we both laugh as we know how Yolanda can be. Marie then drop her cig and stepped on it, and start walking back into my house.

I'm the only one from Peach Creek who actually know about the place. I don't need people knowing where I work, but I don't mind of Kevin working at the diner. The way he looked at me earlier made me feel bad for all the things I did to him, he was scared of me...

...

"So how was your night with your mom?" I said as I just sat down on the passenger seat.

"It was good, It's nice to see my mother" Daniel pulled out of my driveway. After my shift I got a text saying Daniel wanted me to hang out with him, just the two of us for his birthday.

"So what's the plans for tonight for your big 18th birthday." I said excitedly. Daniel laughs

"Oh god you're so cute," My face begin to heat up. "Well I was just thinking we stay at my place, watch movies, have snacks, just something simple with my cute lil man. And I will open my gift that's wrapped in your hands." He looks at me that amazing toothy smile which always makes my knees weak.

"Well that sounds perfect, but you know its wednesday night and we have school tomorrow."

"Oh come on Kevyboo, you can sleep over.....and I'll drop you off to school tomorrow." I agreed to that plan and listen to how his night was with his mom for the rest of the ride to his house.

Sorry for the really short chapter, I don't know what to write.  Thanks for staying with me through the story with my really slow updates.