Reborn

Unravel me - Sabrina Claudio
"I know you're trying but you'll never unravel me."

 • • •

• • •

Stefan looked at me long and hard, then he shook his head. "No," he said, stern. But I could sense there was room for persuasion.

"Stefan," I said as I leaned towards him, so I could look into his eyes without straining my neck, "This is my only chance."

"This is not a chance, this is a curse," he said, trying to break his eyes away from mine again.

"It doesn't seem too bad," I said. I spoke honestly, yet I still surprised myself with the statement I'd just made.

"Yes, well," he said as she looked down at his drink, "Nothing is as it seems. You should know that, did you ever even consider vampires could be walking on this earth?"

"Fine," I said as I stood up and started walking off.

"Where are you going?"

"You refused, didn't you? I'm going back to sleep."

Stefan had only been my backup plan, I didn't actually need him because he had already given me the one thing I needed to become a vampire. His blood. It was already running through my veins. I just feared completing the process myself and it would've been easier if Stefan would've done it for me.

As I reached my room I closed the door behind me and a tear streamed down my face. I didn't want to do this, even though I knew I could. And even though it wasn't the first time I had thought about it.

I started pacing around my room as I prepared my mind to go there but it turned out I didn't have to. I heard the door open behind me and I quickly wiped the tears from my face as I turned to look at whoever was there.

"No, you can't sleep in my bed, Stefan," I said sarcastically.

But he didn't appreciate my sarcasm and neither did I, to be completely honest. 

"I'll do it," he said.

"I guess you figured it out then."

"You usually don't give up this easily."

I shrugged. I could see how that could have been a giveaway. But part of me was hoping it would be a giveway anyway.

I sat down on the bed and he slowly walked towards me and sat down next to me, his body only just not touching mine. I stared at the wall in front of us silently for what felt like at least half an hour and then I let my head fall onto his chest as I felt my cheeks getting wet. I was crying, not just shedding a tear, but really crying. I couldn't remember the last time I'd really cried like this and I wanted to stop it. I didn't like how weak it made me feel. But I didn't have the strength to stop it.

"I'm scared," I finally managed to say.

Stefan, who had remained still like a statue this whole time, let his cheek rest on the top of my head and placed both his hands on my shoulders. He then pressed his lips onto my head so softly and quickly I could've easily mistaken it for his chin, which I guess was exactly the point. He brushed my hair away from my neck and then he snapped it, a sensation I'd become familiar with.