●Two●

"Hey, Jasper." I skipped between Jasper and Monty and linked my arms with both boys. "Hi, Monty."

From the look in their eyes, they weren't expecting a stranger to simply link arms with them as if we were best friends.

All of us had trudged through the woods following behind Clarke, she was extremely focused on navigating through the overgrown nature and was oblivious to all of its beauty.

"Hey," came both of their prolonged replies.

My eyes scanned upwards over Jasper's gently sculpted face and up to the black set of goggles that sat proudly on his black, swept, mop of hair. He really had the postapocalyptic look going on.

"Nice goggles, I dig the look," I complimented earning a smile from Jasper. I also noticed the impressed look Monty gave his best friend.

From that look alone Jasper kicked into action and yanked off his goggles, offering them to me, "Wanna try them on?"

I nodded taking them from his hand. I jumped a few steps ahead and tugged them on over my wavy hair. Spinning around I struck a pose, "What do you think?"

Monty applauded and Jasper gave me a thumbs up.

"Here..." Jasper startled me as he tucked a bright purple flower behind my ear.

"What is it?" Octavia's voice carried to my ears urging me to turn around. Finn had just put a flower, like the one jasper gave me, in her hair.

"That, my friend, is poison sumac," Monty spoke.

I chuckled amused while Octavia rushed to get the beautiful flower out of her hair. I shut up quickly when she glared at me.

"The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." I listened intrigued at all the words that tumbled out of Monty's mouth. Safe to say, he was really smart.

I guess Jasper picked up on my interest because he spoke directly to me, "His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark."

I plucked another flower and placed both luminous flowers behind the goggles in front of my eyes. I twirled to Octavia and managed to get a laugh from her.

"Hey, Clarke!" I yelled with a grin. The blonde dug her boot into the mud and spun around with an annoyed expression. She completely skipped over the reason I called her name and began a soul draining scolding.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?"

"Come on, Clarke." I whined out.

"How do you block all this out?" Finn questioned incredulously. My question exactly, how does she block out something so new and exciting?

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on."

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Octavia mumbled.

I removed the poison sumac from the goggles and pushed them back up.

"I got to know what you two did to get busted." Finn said to Monty and Jasper.

"Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean."

"Someone forgot to replace what they took." I interjected. I knew what they did.

"Someone has apologized, like, a thousand times.... Wait, how did you know?"

"My mum used to do some stuff with pharmaceuticals too," I brushed off Monty's quizzical stare and left it as that.

"How about you, Eden? What'd they get you for?" Jasper asked.