The Carnival 2

I woke up next day to the door bell ringing. I saw the time and wasn't surprised that I had slept in. Not caring how I looked, I went to get the door expecting it to be my dad who went jogging every morning.

But... Guess who was there at the door! Caspian!

I gasped. I suddenly became self conscious. My hair was messed up and I probably had dried up saliva on my cheeks.

" Hey gorgeous!"

Huh? Wait, were my ears working? Was I dreaming this all up? Had he called me gorgeous? No, it couldn't be...

" Um... I'm sorry for all that I've done. I really am. Please forgive me. I've been getting better and my all my memories have come back. I'm so so sorry I tried to do that to you. " he said with genuine guilt.

I didn't realize how close we were, but I took advantage of the closeness and kissed him, hesitantly at first, but Caspian seemed to be enjoying it so I deepened the kiss. My hands reached out and knotted into his hair and he held my waist.
His familiar scent slammed into my face and he tasted just as good as the day we first kissed. We pulled away, satisfied.

He grinned his mischevious grin, " You look perfect. "

" Seriously Caspian, you haven't changed your manners at all. "

" No kidding. You really do look good. Wanna come out with me? "

" Sure. Let me get fixed. "

After about 30 minutes, we were all set to go.

I looked at his hazel hair that went well with his light shade of skin and blue eyes. I on the other hand was a brunette with slightly tanned skin and green eyes.

We walked towards my driveway.

" I see you got a new bike " I said enthusiastically.

" Looking at the old one only reminds me of the accident and the way I treated you " he said as I tried to look away from his now pained eyes.

" It's alright " I brought him closer to me. " Where are you going to take me by the way? " I asked trying to lighten the mood.

" It won't be a surprise then, would it? " the smirk returning to his face.

I hated surprises. Even the happy ones. I just hated the way they kept you drowning in curiosity. But I didn't tell Caspian. I didn't have the heart to, after seeing his excitement.

A few minutes later, we were at the place. OMG!  It was the same carnival where we first met. Where I had stumbled and he had caught me. Perfect timing. I blushed just thinking of that.

We stayed there the whole day. We also watched the sunset when he were on the Ferris wheel. It was like a typical Oh-so-romantic movie. He brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear and looked me in the eye, his own clouded with desire.

" I love -"  was all I could whisper before his lips met mine, leaving my sentence unfinished.

Breathless, I pulled away.

" Hey! I didn't get enough of those soft full lips yet" he playfully complained

" Then you should " I laughed and pressed my lips to his again.

" Thanks for today " I said as he dropped me off at home.

" No. Thank you. " he said and winked before he turned to leave.